Remington scout knives

The Remington Corporation and the knives that they built have influenced the U.S. cutlery industry more than nearly any other manufacturer. From the time America was settled, to the end of WWI, American knife companies struggled to compete with Britain and German imports, but events that occurred during and after the First World War led to a great change in this phenomenon. Unprecedented opportunities arose, and Remington stepped up to seize the moment. In the process, they created some of today's most prized collectables. In an ironic twist, the next World War played the greatest role in ending the company’s domination of the industry.
knife-nut

Remington scout knives

Post by knife-nut »

Thought you might like to see a few more scouts.
My box has 98 cents penciled in on the lid. These are all Remingtons.
Attachments
DSC_0044-1.JPG
DSC_0044-1.JPG (1.5 MiB) Viewed 3040 times
stockman
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

remington scout knives

Post by stockman »

Hay Knife-nut would you like to double that 98 cents!!

Stockman
remington collector

Post by remington collector »

Sweeeeeeeeet. I'm glad to see I'm not the only poster here on AAPK that likes Remingtons. I just picked up a pyremite handled scout that does not have the star. I didn't have it in my scout display box when I posted the picture of mine. I don't guess there is a buy it now price on your display? Do you have any other Remington displays?
sunburst

Post by sunburst »

A very incredible knife set, very impressive indeed. I would be very proud to have that set...Heck I am proud that you have the set... :) ::tu::

Sunburst
“The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways”
knife-nut

Post by knife-nut »

I've also got a Remington upright display cabinet. Sorry, they are not for sale. That green handled 5 blade is one I've never seen in any books.
remington collector

I've got 4 different varities of the upright Remington displays, including one thats plum full of etched Remingtons. I'll post a picture of it next time I have it out. Tell us more of the green handled 5 blade. Does it have a pattern #? Is it like the 3843 utility knife?
knife-nut

Post by knife-nut »

It's identical to a 3843 but with green swirl celluloid. No pattern number but it hase'nt been apart. Maybe a lunch box special? It's old remington pyremite. Main blade is sharpened down a ways.
Attachments
DSC_0001-5.JPG
DSC_0001-5.JPG (1.55 MiB) Viewed 2987 times
remington collector

I would assume that a Remington factory worker decided to make himself a unique take home knife. Thats a great find. It would be hard to place a dollar amount on that knife as it could not be replaced.

Return to “Remington Knife Collector's Forum”