Remington bullet knives

The Remington Corporation and the knives that they built have influenced the U.S. cutlery industry more than nearly any other manufacturer. From the time America was settled, to the end of WWI, American knife companies struggled to compete with Britain and German imports, but events that occurred during and after the First World War led to a great change in this phenomenon. Unprecedented opportunities arose, and Remington stepped up to seize the moment. In the process, they created some of today's most prized collectables. In an ironic twist, the next World War played the greatest role in ending the company’s domination of the industry.
Charlieoscar

Remington bullet knives

Post by Charlieoscar »

Hi. I just discovered this forum. So interesting reading posts. I have a collection of Remington bullet knives which I will be selling as soon as I get organized. They are from 1982 to 2013. All new in box with papers. I also have Remington calendars and a few Remington knife posters. Also, the hardcover book “Remington Bullet Knives” by Mel Brewster, copyright 1991. I can post a picture of a bullet knife I won at an auction, R4243 Camper, circa 1933-1935 in a box of keys, for $24.50! Hint - never educate an auctioneer!. I no longer have that knife. I’m 76 years old, very active, but I’m ready to let others enjoy the bygone era of Remington.

I will continue posting here based on interested responses.

Dan
bestgear
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Re: Remington bullet knives

Post by bestgear »

Charlieoscar wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:44 pmI have a collection of Remington bullet knives which I will be selling as soon as I get organized
Welcome Dan! Please familiarize yourself with our site rules for selling knives and membership subscriptions which can be found here: https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/ca ... scriptions

We love pictures here so we will wait patiently to see your Remington’s. Again, welcome.
Tom
AAPK Administrator

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

::welcome:: to AAPK! Interested in seeing your Bullet knives. ::nod::

John
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
stockman
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by stockman »

Charlieoscar wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:44 pm Hi. I just discovered this forum. So interesting reading posts. I have a collection of Remington bullet knives which I will be selling as soon as I get organized. They are from 1982 to 2013. All new in box with papers. I also have Remington calendars and a few Remington knife posters. Also, the hardcover book “Remington Bullet Knives” by Mel Brewster, copyright 1991. I can post a picture of a bullet knife I won at an auction, R4243 Camper, circa 1933-1935 in a box of keys, for $24.50! Hint - never educate an auctioneer!. I no longer have that knife. I’m 76 years old, very active, but I’m ready to let others enjoy the bygone era of Remington.

I will continue posting here based on interested responses.

Dan
I would enjoy seeing your R4243 Harold
remington collector

Post by remington collector »

The way I read it, he no longer has the R4243. It does sound like he has a nice collection of modern Bullet knives. ::tu::
stockman
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by stockman »

Good to see your post Robert. Harold
Charlieoscar

Post by Charlieoscar »

You are correct, Robert. I sold this on Ebay in 2006 for $460. Here is a photo of it, and a photo of another Remington knife of which I know nothing. if it was numbered it's completely worn off.

I will sign up for a membership so I can post what I have for sale.

Dan
Attachments
R4243 Remington bullet knife.JPG
Remington knife.jpg
Louisville.Boy1947

Post by Louisville.Boy1947 »

Looks like SMKW will be releasing the 2022 Sterling Silver Bullet Knife, The Cowboy (Granddaddy Barlow) tomorrow. Their description says it made by GEC. Issue price is $199.99. I do not know the number of pieces produced.
Anyone planning on placing an order ?

Return to “Remington Knife Collector's Forum”