Case xx Zippo collaboration

The W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Company has a very rich history that began in 1889 when William Russell (“W.R.”), Jean, John, and Andrew Case began fashioning their knives and selling them along a wagon trail in upstate New York. The company has produced countless treasures and it continues to do so as one of the most collected brands in the world.
Renno

Case xx Zippo collaboration

Post by Renno »

Hi, I'm new to AAPK. I don't collect much but I have been interested in knives for some time. I was wondering about the rarity of the Case xx/Zippo collaboration series. How rare is the knife/lighter combo?
Attachments
CaseZippo.jpg
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Case xx Zippo collaboration

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Welcome to AAPK. I’m not familiar with the products you’re asking about but someone here may know the answer. If not, I recommend you contact Case, Zippo, or the Zippo-Case Museum and ask them.

Www.caseknives.com

Www.zippo.com

https://caseknives.com/pages/zippo-case-museum

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
OSCAR

Re: Case xx Zippo collaboration

Post by OSCAR »

Welcome to AAPK !
In 1993 Zippo acquired Case Cutlery. The knives stamped Zippo sold by SMKW were made by Case as they are the same company. I doubt that ANY Case/Zippo collaborations are any more rare than the limited number made in order to sell at a way higher price. Many other cutlery companies limit production to inflate the price. While they may be limited, the numbers produced aren’t that low as to be very rare. Did they state the number made ? They could be limited to 200,000. Did they put serial numbers on them ? These are important factors.
They may go up in price, but it may be 50 years until they appreciate substantially. I’m not a great fan of Case knives, although I do own a few. I think that there are better knives for the money. To me, being sold as limited or collectibles is a ploy to raise the price, like describing a 5 year old knife as being vintage. . Two points to remember:
Something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. And…..
Anything sold as “collectible” usually isn’t all that collectible.
Remember the stupid Beanie Baby collectible craze ? They were way overpriced and now virtually worthless. Most ended up in a landfill.
"The Edge...There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.

Return to “Case Knife Collector's Forum”