Knife value??

The W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Company has a very rich history that began in 1889 when William Russell (“W.R.”), Jean, John, and Andrew Case began fashioning their knives and selling them along a wagon trail in upstate New York. The company has produced countless treasures and it continues to do so as one of the most collected brands in the world.
Sshouse

Knife value??

Post by Sshouse »

I have a 2001 case xx 8254 mother of pearl trapper, silver script and I also have a 2001 8254 abalone trapper, silver script. Both knives are unused in original boxes. Any of you folks know an estimated value on these?
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Knife value??

Post by Mumbleypeg »

They are worth about what they cost new at a discount retailer (not MSRP), adjusted for inflation. In general values of newer (post-1970) Case knives have not appreciated much if any beyond inflation adjusted numbers. There are occasional exceptions for unique items (off-hand I can’t think of any).

Best source for value is an advanced search of eBay, for sold listings only of the item. You may not find the exact same item but value can be estimated from what you do find. For example a pearl, abalone, etc knife from 2001 is going to have about the same value as the same pattern and handles from +/- 5 years difference, assuming the item’s condition is the same. If not, adjust accordingly - a used knife, even if only used lightly, generally has about half the value of the same knife in mint condition.

Welcome to AAPK.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
kennedy knives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Knife value??

Post by kennedy knives »

You can search on AAPK and find the same Case knives that have sold ::tu::

Return to “Case Knife Collector's Forum”