Standard Knife Company (Dean & Elliot Case) Knife Opinions Please

The W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Company has a very rich history that began in 1889 when William Russell (“W.R.”), Jean, John, and Andrew Case began fashioning their knives and selling them along a wagon trail in upstate New York. The company has produced countless treasures and it continues to do so as one of the most collected brands in the world.
herbva
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Standard Knife Company (Dean & Elliot Case) Knife Opinions Please

Post by herbva »

This knife was part of a lot of 7 knives that I won in an auction recently (a real auction, not fleabay). This particular knife had no description in the auction catalog, and before I get too excited, I want to make sure it is what I think it is - a knife made by the "Standard Knife Company, 1901-1903", as described on page 12 of Tom McCandless's book, and I'm sure elsewhere. I know that the tang stamps are obviously weak, but I'm fairly certain that the stamps are "Standard Knife Company, Little Valley." Any thoughts or observations, particularly from our experts, would be greatly appreciated. :D
Attachments
DSCN0852.JPG
DSCN0853.JPG
DSCN0855.JPG
DSCN0856.JPG
DSCN0858.JPG
DSCN0859.JPG
DSCN0861.JPG
"Better to do something imperfectly, than to do nothing flawlessly." ~ Robert H. Schuller

Herb
olderdogs1

Re: Standard Knife Company (Dean & Elliot Case) Knife Opinions Please

Post by olderdogs1 »

Looks Great Herb. That's one of the old original Standard Knife Co. knives, not one of the later ones Case made in the 20's Great find!!!

Tom
Ridgegrass
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ridgegrass »

No expert here but I have to say you're a lucky guy. I have two SKC knives, both rather small and they have the straight line stamp.
STANDARD
KNIFE CO.
No room for "Little Valley" on the tang.
That's a beauty! :mrgreen: Bring it to Berlin, 10/22.
J.O'.
herbva
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by herbva »

Ridgegrass wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:05 pm No expert here but I have to say you're a lucky guy. I have two SKC knives, both rather small and they have the straight line stamp.
STANDARD
KNIFE CO.
No room for "Little Valley" on the tang.
That's a beauty! :mrgreen: Bring it to Berlin, 10/22.
J.O'.
I will bring it J.O. , and look forward to seeing you at Windmill. FYI, I believe that the Standard Knife knives without the "Little Valley" stamp were made by Kinfolks a bit later.
"Better to do something imperfectly, than to do nothing flawlessly." ~ Robert H. Schuller

Herb
FRJ

Post by FRJ »

Great looking knife, Herb. ::tu::
Joe
Ridgegrass
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ridgegrass »

Okay ::tu::