Can't find much on this one

The W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Company has a very rich history that began in 1889 when William Russell (“W.R.”), Jean, John, and Andrew Case began fashioning their knives and selling them along a wagon trail in upstate New York. The company has produced countless treasures and it continues to do so as one of the most collected brands in the world.
Skcustomknives

Can't find much on this one

Post by Skcustomknives »

Can't find much on this one I just picked up. Collectors edition knife and limited edition but not sure how many were produced..
Attachments
20220820_214220.jpg
BIGHEAD

Re: Can't find much on this one

Post by BIGHEAD »

More than likely made aftermarket. Frost cutlery does a lot of those type knives.
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Both Case and various aftermarket sellers (like Frost) have produced thousands of “commemorative” knife sets. Ready-made collectables commemorating various historical events, clubs, or organizations. Their major appeal is to those having some connection with the event or organization. To everyone else they’re just another knife. The Case trapper (like yours) is the most common pattern used for those commemoratives.

To determine value do an advanced search of ebay for sold listings of the item, or similar items (for example “Case commemorative trapper knife”). You may not find the specific event or organization on yours but the values are generally about the same. Yours might be worth more to a member of the organization,

Welcome to AAPK.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
Skcustomknives

Post by Skcustomknives »

Thanks. Have looked at various places including ebay etc. and cantbfind the same one. Knife is made by Case and all blades are marked accordingly. The box says Case Collectors edition so I expect it should have been straight from Case like this as they do other collectors edition knives.
BIGHEAD

Post by BIGHEAD »

Skcustomknives wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:23 pm The box says Case Collectors edition so I expect it should have been straight from Case like this as they do other collectors edition knives.
Not necessarily Frost lut them out allthe time that says collectors series on them. I would lay money that one came from aftermarket. (The serial # on it is not what case uses,in earlier years they used that tyle but now tbey use a long tail C with the # over the tail)It doesn’t make the knife worth more or less.
ea42

Post by ea42 »

Here's one that's not the 40th Anniversary model but looks like it was made around the same time. No mention of Frost but it does have a Case Certificate. Looks to have been distributed by the same establishment as the S/N style matches up pretty well.

https://www.ebth.com/items/5189591-limi ... cket-knife

Eric
Skcustomknives

Post by Skcustomknives »

Yes thank you all for the info. It's a nice knife and will make a nice addition to my collection..
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

The Tennesee Sheriff's Association still exists. May still be located in Lebanon Tenn. Google lists this as the phone number of the Executive Director. (615) 547-0112. You might give him a call. He might be able to give you a good estimate as to number; or know someone who could help you.-
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Quick Steel wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:54 am The Tennesee Sheriff's Association still exists. May still be located in Lebanon Tenn. Google lists this as the phone number of the Executive Director. (615) 547-0112. You might give him a call. He might be able to give you a good estimate as to number; or know someone who could help you.-
Good point. In fact Case and Frost Cutlery are still in business and have web sites with contact information. Several possible sources of info about the knife. If one doesn’t know, ask another.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

SK if you are looking for a value on that knife, it isn’t more valuable with that stuff on the blade or the display case. Value would be the same as any other similar Case knife. So you can compare this to others on Ebay even if they don’t have that marking on them.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
Skcustomknives

Post by Skcustomknives »

No not really interested in value it's value to me is what I paid for it. It is more about how many were made. It's my inderstanding that it is a limited edition and it has a number engraved on the bolster which I understand is its number out of however many were made of this version. The paperwork that comes with it from the case factory says its a collectors edition but doesn't say much more than that.
Uncle Henry

Post by Uncle Henry »

Nice Knife Skcustomknives! I see you have recently joined (Aug 20th) - (Welcome Aboard) and you also state you have a collection. Based on your user name I suspect you have a nice collection of Schrade Knives. You can look my posts up and you will see I am an avid collector of Schrade Uncle Henry knives. Is your collection primary Schrade and if yes - do you have any rare ones? Uncle Henry

Return to “Case Knife Collector's Forum”