Another cool NOS find..

The W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Company has a very rich history that began in 1889 when William Russell (“W.R.”), Jean, John, and Andrew Case began fashioning their knives and selling them along a wagon trail in upstate New York. The company has produced countless treasures and it continues to do so as one of the most collected brands in the world.
toomanyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Another cool NOS find..

Post by toomanyknives »

Scored a great NOS 6375 Case Stockman today at one of my local haunts. It is a 2013, new in box. I wanted
a beefy EDC, and the price was right. Blue Delrin handles ans satin finished SS blades. This one is gonna' get
some use for sure!
IMG_1659 (2).JPG
Hesmikeb

Re: Another cool NOS find..

Post by Hesmikeb »

Good looking knife....92s are my favorite but 75 is growing on me....have a couple that I've carried recently and really like them
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

toomanyknives wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 12:38 am Scored a great NOS 6375 Case Stockman today at one of my local haunts. It is a 2013, new in box. I wanted
a beefy EDC, and the price was right. Blue Delrin handles ans satin finished SS blades. This one is gonna' get
some use for sure! IMG_1659 (2).JPG
I have one of those too. Case called them the Workman and they were a little cheaper because the blades are not polished.
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
toomanyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by toomanyknives »

Hesmikeb wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 1:15 am Good looking knife....92s are my favorite but 75 is growing on me....have a couple that I've carried recently and really like them
Thanks Mike! I love the 92 also. The 75 is a beast.
toomanyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by toomanyknives »

OLDE CUTLER wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 1:36 am
toomanyknives wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 12:38 am Scored a great NOS 6375 Case Stockman today at one of my local haunts. It is a 2013, new in box. I wanted
some use for sure! IMG_1659 (2).JPG
I have one of those too. Case called them the Workman and they were a little cheaper because the blades are not polished.
Yes sir, OC. I was happy to find it. At first glance, I thought it was bone. They did a pretty good job on the Delrin jigging, and I like those satin blades..
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

Too cool! I like the dark blue, in large part because I was in the Navy. Congratulations on a great find!
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
Case taste, Rough Ryder budget
toomanyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by toomanyknives »

Dan In MI wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 5:53 am Too cool! I like the dark blue, in large part because I was in the Navy. Congratulations on a great find!
Thanks Dan, and thanks for your service!
tallguy606

Post by tallguy606 »

Is the "satin" blade finish the same as "as ground?" Or a third variation of finish?
toomanyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by toomanyknives »

tallguy606 wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 3:06 pm Is the "satin" blade finish the same as "as ground?" Or a third variation of finish?
I think it's the same as "as ground", tallguy. Satin is just my terminology... I just call it that as opposed to mirror or polished finished..
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

I will preface this by saying that I'm neither expressing nor implying that anyone is using correct or incorrect terminology.

That said, I'm not sure if "satin" and "as-ground" are one and the same. Case calls the blades on their American Workman series, which are noticeably different from TMK's Stockman, "as-ground." Here's a picture of an American Workman Stockman for comparison (picture borrowed from caseknives.com):
13454_205_4318_SS_MediumStockman_MAIN_700x700.jpg
And TMK, thank you for the thank you. It's always nice to know that what I did was appreciated.
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
toomanyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by toomanyknives »

Dan In MI wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 6:02 pm I will preface this by saying that I'm neither expressing nor implying that anyone is using correct or incorrect terminology.

That said, I'm not sure if "satin" and "as-ground" are one and the same. Case calls the blades on their American Workman series, which are noticeably different from TMK's Stockman, "as-ground." Here's a picture of an American Workman Stockman for comparison (picture borrowed from caseknives.com):

13454_205_4318_SS_MediumStockman_MAIN_700x700.jpg

And TMK, thank you for the thank you. It's always nice to know that what I did was appreciated.
I think mine was a "Workman Series" also from 2013, Dan. I think they would look much closer in person than they do with my 10 dollar camera! LOL!
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

Case did change the appearance of that series after your new find was made. I guess both have as-ground blades!
USN 2000-2006

Return to “Case Knife Collector's Forum”