Need a Case ID

The W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Company has a very rich history that began in 1889 when William Russell (“W.R.”), Jean, John, and Andrew Case began fashioning their knives and selling them along a wagon trail in upstate New York. The company has produced countless treasures and it continues to do so as one of the most collected brands in the world.
Toejammer

Need a Case ID

Post by Toejammer »

Just missed out on this trapper on eBay, but now I can't even find another one online. I thought for sure I could "google - pic" the thing and come up with another one. So not only can't I find one, but I also have no clue what year or series it's from.

They always say if ya find something you've never seen before, BUY IT lol ! (I didn't throw down a big enough number) Thanks !

*Not My Knife*
A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer.
Bruce Lee
knifeaddict1965
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Need a Case ID

Post by knifeaddict1965 »

It's a 2015 knife according to the tang stamp, but never seen one before and don't know what series it came from.
Kevin
rea1eye

Post by rea1eye »

Really nice knife. Too bad you did not win. Maybe the knife is a SFO (special factory order) from a retail knife company
like Smokey Mountain. Someone will come along shortly and tell us for sure. :D

Bob
Toejammer

Post by Toejammer »

rea1eye wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:11 am Really nice knife. Too bad you did not win. Maybe the knife is a SFO (special factory order) from a retail knife company
like Smokey Mountain. Someone will come along shortly and tell us for sure. :D

Bob
I got the sad feeling it might have been part of a dealer display, or maybe an employee - only run. ::facepalm::
A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer.
Bruce Lee
XX Case XX

Post by XX Case XX »

I'm not 100% sure, but fairly certain the knife you're looking for comes from a series called "Image XX". I had several from years ago. I will tell you that the image on this knife is a bit different than the ones from years ago but I'm pretty sure it's the same series.

My advise is to email that photo to Shepherd Hills Cutlery and ask. If anyone would know, they would. I'll do some digging and see if I can find that exact knife for you but in the meantime, I'd contact Shepherd Hills.

Late Entry: It's a 6207 SS Mini Trapper. Still not sure what series it comes from though.

I work hard so my Dog can have a better life...
rugmar

Post by rugmar »

I can’t see the tang stamp in the picture you posted. Are you sure it’s even a Case brand knife? I tried to find it in eBay completed listings but had no luck. I was hoping to find a better picture.
Toejammer

Post by Toejammer »

rugmar wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:13 pm I can’t see the tang stamp in the picture you posted. Are you sure it’s even a Case brand knife? I tried to find it in eBay completed listings but had no luck. I was hoping to find a better picture.
Bruce Lee
knifeaddict1965
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Case Born to Hunt.PNG
Found this on an old eBay listing. Below is the information from the listing

Case XX USA, 2015 "Born To Hunt", Two Buck Deer scene, Smooth Caramel Bone Mini Trapper 6207 SS. These beautiful Caramel Bone handles are chip and crack free. Nickel Silver bolsters, brass pins and liners. Blades has great snap and half stops. Never carried, used or sharpened. Absolutely gorgeous and New in the box condition. Please see photos and enlarge to see the exact details of this awesome Caramel Bone Mini Trapper. Comes in the original Case factory Born to Hunt box, Case item #46001, and info sheet.
Kevin
knifeaddict1965
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Born to Hunt.PNG
Another picture of the box label.
Kevin
knifeaddict1965
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

born.PNG
hunt.PNG
Another knife from the same series found on a completed eBay auction. Information from listing is below.

Case XX USA, 2015 "Born to Hunt", Shotgun Shield, Orange Delrin Trapper 6254 SS. These beautiful Orange handles are chip and crack free. Nickel Silver bolsters and Shotgun Shield, brass pins and liners. Blades has great snap and half stops. Never carried, used or sharpened. Absolutely gorgeous and in New condition. Please see photos and enlarge to see the exact details of this awesome "Born To Hunt" Orange Trapper. Comes in the original Case factory box, Case item #46000, and info sheet.
Kevin
Toejammer

Post by Toejammer »

Thank you knifeaddict1965 (and everyone else who helped out too) !! ::ds::

Now I have the info, I can work on tracking one down. Don't know why, but I really like this knife for some reason, guess because it's different. A hunting we will go !

Thanks again !
Bruce Lee

Return to “Case Knife Collector's Forum”