White House?

The W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Company has a very rich history that began in 1889 when William Russell (“W.R.”), Jean, John, and Andrew Case began fashioning their knives and selling them along a wagon trail in upstate New York. The company has produced countless treasures and it continues to do so as one of the most collected brands in the world.
Froe

White House?

Post by Froe »

What is meant by the term ‘White House’ green bone? There is currently a 6299 1/2 Tested large jack on eBay proclaiming it’s rarity.
Thanks in advance for the education.
Froe
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: White House?

Post by edge213 »

Froe wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:07 pm What is meant by the term ‘White House’ green bone? There is currently a 6299 1/2 Tested large jack on eBay proclaiming it’s rarity.
Thanks in advance for the education.
Froe
::shrug:: I've never heard that term.
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
XX Case XX

Post by XX Case XX »

Here's one from a seller I trust so there must be something to this story... https://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-VINTAGE-W ... SwhTBbFztA

I work hard so my Dog can have a better life...
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

The term “White House” is describing the knife, not the bone. White House was a brand name owned by McWhorter-Weaver Hardware of Nashville, TN. In the 1920s WHITE HOUSE brand knives were made by Case. The patterns I’ve seen are the same patterns as Case knives in the Tested era, but stamped WHITE HOUSE on the tang. Hence the greenbone handle covers.

Similar to what you see with many old Clauss patterns. Here’s an old thread about both White House and Clauss. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=44307

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
Froe

Post by Froe »

Thanks for the information. I have never heard of this before.
Regards
Froe
olderdogs1

Post by olderdogs1 »

Mumbleypeg wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:21 am The term “White House” is describing the knife, not the bone. White House was a brand name owned by McWhorter-Weaver Hardware of Nashville, TN. In the 1920s WHITE HOUSE brand knives were made by Case. The patterns I’ve seen are the same patterns as Case knives in the Tested era, but stamped WHITE HOUSE on the tang. Hence the greenbone handle covers.

Similar to what you see with many old Clauss patterns. Here’s an old thread about both White House and Clauss. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=44307

Ken
Ken is 100% correct as usual. I believe the White House Knife in question is mine. In my experience they are rare and the quality is exactly the same as the Case Tested knives because They were made by Case. Some say the blank shields would say Case if you flipped them over but I will leave that for someone else to check, lol.

Tom
Froe

Post by Froe »

I just breezed through the info on eBay and just assumed it was a Case. It’s a beauty. I always loved a big jack anyway.
Its really nice to have people who know their stuff and are willing to share it. I would have just went on thinking there was yet another darn bone jigging I can’t identify.
Froe

Return to “Case Knife Collector's Forum”