6375 Goodness

The W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Company has a very rich history that began in 1889 when William Russell (“W.R.”), Jean, John, and Andrew Case began fashioning their knives and selling them along a wagon trail in upstate New York. The company has produced countless treasures and it continues to do so as one of the most collected brands in the world.
toomanyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: 6375 Goodness

Post by toomanyknives »

tongueriver wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:16 pm
herbva wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:31 am Beautiful knife. One of my favorite patterns too.
Mine too! Congratulations!
Thanks tongueriver!
toomanyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by toomanyknives »

Beavertail wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:46 pm
herbva wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:31 am Beautiful knife. One of my favorite patterns too. Nice to have the box, wrapping paper and story of the knife (provenance) to go with it. Is that "$15.00" that I think I see hand written on the side of the box? :D ::tu:: ::tu::
I have the exact same knife! ::tu::
I was at a flea market in Blairsville Georgia about 20 years ago and an older gentleman who owned a hardware store was selling his inventory.
He had several Case knife displays full of new old stock knives.
The 6375 had a price of $15.00 and I got it for $30.00.
Those days are gone forever.
Cool story Tim! You're right, those days are gone!
herbva
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by herbva »

toomanyknives wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:36 pm
Beavertail wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:46 pm
herbva wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:31 am Beautiful knife. One of my favorite patterns too. Nice to have the box, wrapping paper and story of the knife (provenance) to go with it. Is that "$15.00" that I think I see hand written on the side of the box? :D ::tu:: ::tu::
I have the exact same knife! ::tu::
I was at a flea market in Blairsville Georgia about 20 years ago and an older gentleman who owned a hardware store was selling his inventory.
He had several Case knife displays full of new old stock knives.
The 6375 had a price of $15.00 and I got it for $30.00.
Those days are gone forever.
Cool story Tim! You're right, those days are gone!
Well, maybe they are gone. I can still dream........ :D
"Better to do something imperfectly, than to do nothing flawlessly." ~ Robert H. Schuller

Herb
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

From a user perspective, the 75 is a really good work knife. You have the coping and spey blades of a typical Stockman, coupled with a very large main blade. A lot of workmen and farmers carry this pattern around here. For me, it's a smidge too big (and heavy!), and thus I prefer the 47 and 18 patterns. I had a G-10 variant with a serrated main blade (for rope and such). I'd prefer a CV. I recently traded that one to my Granddad for the Trapper (which I'd bought for him)from the same G-10 series.

As for yours, I don't think condition-wise you can get much better.

I love old price tags. I hate it when people try to tear them off. It leaves a mess too. I was looking at an Imperial Double Eagle lockback from 1977. Had the original Montgomery Ward price tag of $35. That's like $140 today!
toomanyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by toomanyknives »

You're right Cody. It is a beefy knife. I carry a 6318 also. This one is mint, and stays in the box a good bit.

Return to “Case Knife Collector's Forum”