Info on my Trapper with a "scene" Scrimshaw?

The W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Company has a very rich history that began in 1889 when William Russell (“W.R.”), Jean, John, and Andrew Case began fashioning their knives and selling them along a wagon trail in upstate New York. The company has produced countless treasures and it continues to do so as one of the most collected brands in the world.
petey20

Info on my Trapper with a "scene" Scrimshaw?

Post by petey20 »

I was wondering if this particular "Scene" had a name or was it a certain series, i have seen a couple in the past but they were always different scenes? Also, what material are the scales? I always wondered if it was a scrimshaw. Thanks in advance
DSC_1712.JPG
DSC_1716.JPG
DSC_1715.JPG
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Info on my Trapper with a "scene" Scrimshaw?

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

petey20 wrote:I was wondering if this particular "Scene" had a name or was it a certain series, i have seen a couple in the past but they were always different scenes? Also, what material are the scales? I always wondered if it was a scrimshaw. Thanks in advance

DSC_1712.JPG

DSC_1716.JPG

DSC_1715.JPG
It’s natural bone on the handles. This series did have a name, but I am not able to think of it right now. It will come to me tonight at 3 AM, so check back later.
SSk
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
XX Case XX

Post by XX Case XX »

Case came out with a series a while back called "Image XX". I don't know if your knife is part of that series bit could very well be.

I work hard so my Dog can have a better life...
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

XX Case XX wrote:Case came out with a series a while back called "Image XX". I don't know if your knife is part of that series bit could very well be.

Glad you responded Mike. I thought you had one for sale just like it several months ago? I haven’t seen you posting much lately, hope all is good?
Mark
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
XX Case XX

Post by XX Case XX »

Sharpnshinyknives wrote: I haven’t seen you posting much lately, hope all is good?
Hi Mark!! Everything's ok, just been busy is all. Thanks for asking. ::tu:: ::nod::

I work hard so my Dog can have a better life...

Return to “Case Knife Collector's Forum”