549L copperlock in cv

The W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Company has a very rich history that began in 1889 when William Russell (“W.R.”), Jean, John, and Andrew Case began fashioning their knives and selling them along a wagon trail in upstate New York. The company has produced countless treasures and it continues to do so as one of the most collected brands in the world.
wildcat

549L copperlock in cv

Post by wildcat »

any word if case will ever make a 549L in cv again? i think this would be my favorite blade.
God prefers spiritual fruit, not religious nuts. Galations 5:22~
kennedy knives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: 549L copperlock in cv

Post by kennedy knives »

They make the trapper lock in CV now it's close to copperlock just a little bigger
wildcat

Post by wildcat »

trapperlock is a whole different knife. at least in my eyes
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Send your request directly to Case by email at consumer-relations@wrcase.com. If anyone knows they will.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
wildcat

Post by wildcat »

sent an email. we’ll see what happens
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Let us know what they say. I’ve been advocating for some time on the Case Collectors Club forum for more CV blades. I seem to be in the minority - most of the current generation want stainless. ::teary_eyes::

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

wildcat

Post by wildcat »

i understand the ease of maintenance for ss. its just lifeless and boring. every time i use my carbon it has a different look. i guess im weird. ::nod::
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

wildcat wrote:i understand the ease of maintenance for ss. its just lifeless and boring. every time i use my carbon it has a different look. i guess im weird. ::nod::

NOT weird at all!!! ::tu:: ::tu::
John :D
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
wildcat

Post by wildcat »

the rep that responded said that it’s unlikely my request will ever be realized. bummer
TW200

Post by TW200 »

Mumbleypeg wrote:Let us know what they say. I’ve been advocating for some time on the Case Collectors Club forum for more CV blades. I seem to be in the minority - most of the current generation want stainless. ::teary_eyes::

Ken
I guess I'm old school because cv blades is what I prefer. Always look for cv first and then maybe settle for stainless if that's all I can get in a particular knife style. On my newer cv blades I've been using bag balm just to see how long they will keep looking like new. When they finally patina that will be fine with me.
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

TW200 wrote:
Mumbleypeg wrote:Let us know what they say. I’ve been advocating for some time on the Case Collectors Club forum for more CV blades. I seem to be in the minority - most of the current generation want stainless. ::teary_eyes::

Ken
I guess I'm old school because cv blades is what I prefer. Always look for cv first and then maybe settle for stainless if that's all I can get in a particular knife style. On my newer cv blades I've been using bag balm just to see how long they will keep looking like new. When they finally patina that will be fine with me.
I’m glad to hear some appreciation for CV blades. Seems most of the younger generations who grew up on stainless steel expect their knives to stay spotless and shiny forever. (Then they complain about not being able to sharpen them.) :lol: We’ve even had a few posts here with complaints about how CV looks bad, and saying knife makers should be ashamed for using such poor quality steel. ::facepalm::

I haven’t heard of using bag balm to keep CV shiny, but I don’t try to keep mine shiny. I just let the natural patina form with useage over time. Let us know how the bag balm works. I use I it on my hands - helps keep ‘em from drying out and cracking. ::tu::

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

Return to “Case Knife Collector's Forum”