Case Silver Script Abalone pearl Handled

The W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Company has a very rich history that began in 1889 when William Russell (“W.R.”), Jean, John, and Andrew Case began fashioning their knives and selling them along a wagon trail in upstate New York. The company has produced countless treasures and it continues to do so as one of the most collected brands in the world.
jsaly1984

Case Silver Script Abalone pearl Handled

Post by jsaly1984 »

Hey all, i dont really say much but im always reading each day on this site and ive learned a ton and willing to learn more. I have had quite a bit luch when it comes to finding out values, info, history etc of different knives but i have 5 knives ( all same collection) that i cannot find out anything about....is it bc they are rare? Were they only made for a short run and then removed? Or am i just looking everywhere but the right place? Those 5 knives are part of the Case Silver script abalone handled set and they are as follows:
- Grand daddy Barlow 8143
- Cheetah 8111/2
- Seahorse whittler 8355WH
- Canoe 82131
- 3 blade Sowbelly T.B.8339

If any of you would be able to give me some info , as far as year made, how many were made, value of each or just point me in the right direction, it'd be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Attachments
20190119_214651.jpg
20190119_214752.jpg
20190119_214442.jpg
Old Hunter

Re: Case Silver Script Abalone pearl Handled

Post by Old Hunter »

Nice set of Case Knives; dates are on the tang stamps - the Canoe is 2000, the Whittler 2002, the others are 2001. I don't collect sets but Case or the Case Collectors Club could give you more information. A few folks here may have some more info as well. Abalone is beautiful but expensive and delicate handle material - each one unique. OH
Deep in the guts of most men is buried the involuntary response to the hunter's horn, a prickle of the nape hairs, an acceleration of the pulse, an atavistic memory of his fathers, who killed first with stone, and then with club...Robert Ruark
jsaly1984

Re: Case Silver Script Abalone pearl Handled

Post by jsaly1984 »

Hi OH, thanks a bunch andi appreciate your response. It jusr seems odd to me that i cant fine any values or information about these specific ones. I can find MOP and corleon everywhere and i can fins the other abalone handled knives but i just cant find the kind with the silver script inlay likw these 5. Again, thank you a bunch!

Return to “Case Knife Collector's Forum”