Case 62109X with Unusual Shield

The W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Company has a very rich history that began in 1889 when William Russell (“W.R.”), Jean, John, and Andrew Case began fashioning their knives and selling them along a wagon trail in upstate New York. The company has produced countless treasures and it continues to do so as one of the most collected brands in the world.
Gumshoe

Case 62109X with Unusual Shield

Postby Gumshoe » Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:03 pm

I recently acquired this Case XX 2011 62109X. It has natural peach seed jigged bone handles and a Saturn shield with a 5 point star in its center. All four bolsters are scrolled with XX on the mark side and pile side of the clip blade bolster. It appears to be a limited edition as it has the serial number of 109 on clip blade above the tang.

Does anyone know if this knife is from a 2011 Mint Set or Commemorative Series or perhaps a SFO? There was no box, so I suspect it was from a set that was broken up and sold separately. I have never seen one like it before. Any additional info would be greatly appreciated.
Attachments
62109X White Bone Saturn Shield with Star Scrolled Bolsters 2011.jpg

Gumshoe

Re: Case 62109X with Unusual Shield

Postby Gumshoe » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:43 pm

OK, I found the requested info at the Case Cutlery Outlet Website. This knife is part of the 12 Days of Christmas Commemorative Set of 12 knives in a wooden Christmas tree display case. They made 250 sets. The complete set goes for $1399.99.

Thank you for looking. Gumshoe

jmh58
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Case 62109X with Unusual Shield

Postby jmh58 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:54 pm

Real FINE Mini-Copperhead!! That is one of my favorite patterns for some reason!!! :lol: ::tu:: :lol:
John :)
..a great rabbit chase ends with a BANG!!

Son.. You need to get off the front porch once in a while!!

Not all who wander are lost!!!

All it takes is a little bit of sharp!!

Return to “Case Knife Collector's Forum”