Barlow Returns!!

The W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Company has a very rich history that began in 1889 when William Russell (“W.R.”), Jean, John, and Andrew Case began fashioning their knives and selling them along a wagon trail in upstate New York. The company has produced countless treasures and it continues to do so as one of the most collected brands in the world.
jmh58
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Barlow Returns!!

Postby jmh58 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:16 pm

CASE has returned the Barlow to standard production.. Saw a few over at SHC site.. Got 1 on my radar.. ::nod:: ::tu::
John :)
..a great rabbit chase ends with a BANG!!

Son.. You need to get off the front porch once in a while!!

Not all who wander are lost!!!

All it takes is a little bit of sharp!!

SteelMyHeart85420

Re: Barlow Returns!!

Postby SteelMyHeart85420 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:59 pm

That's long overdue...now, if they make nice (non-SMKW-looking, guady scales) it can be even better

Tsar Bomba

Postby Tsar Bomba » Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:35 pm

::ds:: ::ds:: ::ds:: ::ds:: ::ds::

::groove::
Tony
ImageImageImageImage
Everything's better with a Barlow

Modern Slip Joints

Postby Modern Slip Joints » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:26 pm

What pattern number are they or how long are they when closed? Also what company is SHC?

Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Postby Railsplitter » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:52 pm

Modern Slip Joints wrote:What pattern number are they or how long are they when closed? Also what company is SHC?

This should answer all three of your questions:
http://www.shepherdhillscutlery.com/Pat ... rnAutoID=3
Rick T.
My Uncle owns a Red Barchetta.

Tsar Bomba

Postby Tsar Bomba » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:57 pm

Modern Slip Joints wrote:What pattern number are they or how long are they when closed? Also what company is SHC?

The most recent Case Barlows are pattern x2009 (x2009 1/2 for clip master blade), 3 3/8" closed length. Technically there could be a x1009 (1/2) but one-blade 009 Barlows seem to be rarer than hen's teeth, if in fact any exist.

With any luck they will run some more 62009R (one-armed man or "razor" blade) which I don't think we've seen from Case since the early '70s. ::paranoid:: ::smirk:: Make red sawcut bone great again! :mrgreen:

SHC I believe is Shepherd Hills Cutlery, a knife retailer.

Lansky1

Postby Lansky1 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:45 am

I never thought I'd see a patriotic kirinite Case barlow ... very cool ::tu::
pffffft that's not a knife ......... now THAT'S a knife !! Crocodile Dundee

John

Modern Slip Joints

Postby Modern Slip Joints » Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:25 am

Tsar Bomba wrote:

The most recent Case Barlows are pattern x2009 (x2009 1/2 for clip master blade), 3 3/8" closed length. Technically there could be a x1009 (1/2) but one-blade 009 Barlows seem to be rarer than hen's teeth, if in fact any exist.

With any luck they will run some more 62009R (one-armed man or "razor" blade) which I don't think we've seen from Case since the early '70s. ::paranoid:: ::smirk:: Make red sawcut bone great again! :mrgreen:

SHC I believe is Shepherd Hills Cutlery, a knife retailer.

I avoid following links from one site to another so I went directly to Shepherd Hills Cutlery. I found both 62009 1/2 and 61009 listed as being back ordered. I assume that they sold a significant number of 61009 spear point Barlows while they had them. Is it only the clip point 61009 1/2 that you haven't been able to find?

royal0014
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Postby royal0014 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:39 pm

The Case® Barlow, a traditional favorite, will be previewed to the public at the 2019 SHOT Show, taking place in Las Vegas from January 22 – 25.

^^ This taken directly from the SHC web page.
All 7 knives on the page are "backordered", so I would presume
they will not release any of them until after (or during) the SHOT Show ....

Looks like they're taking a page from GEC's bullsnot selling tactics ...... ::td::

This is purely speculation on my part, based solely on the available information.
Feel free to dispute this theory.

Chris
The light in the window is a crack in the sky
A stairway to darkness in the blink of an eye

jmh58
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Postby jmh58 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:37 pm

Any time CASE takes a knife out of the vault they debut it at the Shot Show then it hits the market..
Don't know what you mean by "GEC bullsnot selling tactics" ?? ::shrug:: GEC makes limited amount of a run.. CASE does not do this..

Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Postby Sharpnshinyknives » Tue Dec 25, 2018 1:20 pm

In case anyone besides me is up and checking emails this morning, Shepherd Hills Cutlery is taking orders on the Pilot Test Run Barlow. 2 blades and natural smooth bone. Better hurry, the last pilot test run I saw ran out in under 1/2 hour.
SSk

Old Hunter
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Postby Old Hunter » Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:45 pm

Thanks for the heads up, ordered one of the blue Rogers bone with single Spear blade from Shepherd Hills; been needing that variation of barlow and I like the bolster etch as well. OH
Attachments
Case 61009SS Barlow item #2867.jpg
Deep in the guts of most men is buried the involuntary response to the hunter's horn, a prickle of the nape hairs, an acceleration of the pulse, an atavistic memory of his fathers, who killed first with stone, and then with club...Robert Ruark

Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Postby Sharpnshinyknives » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:18 pm

FYI, CK has these on earlier reserve and they are a bit less expensive than Shepherd Hills. But Shepherd Hills got the Pilot test run of the smooth natural bone. I don’t see those at CK.
SSk

jmh58
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Postby jmh58 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:36 pm

Sharpnshinyknives wrote:FYI, CK has these on earlier reserve and they are a bit less expensive than Shepherd Hills. But Shepherd Hills got the Pilot test run of the smooth natural bone. I don’t see those at CK.
SSk

Thank You!! ::handshake:: Just put the Amber Bone on buy!! ::tu::

Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Postby Railsplitter » Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:57 pm

Old Hunter wrote:Thanks for the heads up, ordered one of the blue Rogers bone with single Spear blade from Shepherd Hills; been needing that variation of barlow and I like the bolster etch as well. OH

I like everything about that one too. Resisting the urge because I don't really need any new knives. Sure is nice though.

The SHC website has me confused. In the header they state that these will be "previewed to the public" at the SHOT Show in January yet they state that this model and some others are shipping this week. ::shrug:: Anybody know what that's all about?
Rick T.
My Uncle owns a Red Barchetta.

Return to “Case Knife Collector's Forum”