A Very Special Limited Edition Set of Trappers

The W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Company has a very rich history that began in 1889 when William Russell (“W.R.”), Jean, John, and Andrew Case began fashioning their knives and selling them along a wagon trail in upstate New York. The company has produced countless treasures and it continues to do so as one of the most collected brands in the world.
Hoggslayer

A Very Special Limited Edition Set of Trappers

Post by Hoggslayer »

I haven't said anything on this forum about this subject until today so this might come as a shock to some. This has been in the works for a few months. A Limited Edition set of 100 Case Trappers designed by my son and I.
20181024_211843.jpg
He and 12 others were wounded by gunfire on May 18, 2018 in Santafe, TX when a fellow student opened fire in his classroom killing 10. My son Clay was shot 3 times but survived to make a remarkable recovery. We wanted to do something special for some of the Dads and his teammates. Seeing how we are knife collectors, we thought of this idea and it was cheaper than passing out guns. :D
20180907_141611.jpg
My son will give away 50 or 60 of these and the others are going to local businesses owner that have offered to help cover some of the cost. Case was a awesome company to work with and they really stepped up and were a big help in making this possible. God bless and remember to hug your children often.
espn77

Re: A Very Special Limited Edition Set of Trappers

Post by espn77 »

That's amazing. I appreciate you sharing your story. ::handshake::
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

What a great idea Hoggslayer, sorry to hear that your son was one of those shot. Doesn't sound like he has a victim mentality. Good for you and him with this endeavor. ::tu:: ::tu::
rea1eye

Post by rea1eye »

Well done!

Bob
woodwalker

Post by woodwalker »

Hoggslayer wrote:I haven't said anything on this forum about this subject until today so this might come as a shock to some. This has been in the works for a few months. A Limited Edition set of 100 Case Trappers designed by my son and I.
20181024_211843.jpg
He and 12 others were wounded by gunfire on May 18, 2018 in Santafe, TX when a fellow student opened fire in his classroom killing 10. My son Clay was shot 3 times but survived to make a remarkable recovery. We wanted to do something special for some of the Dads and his teammates. Seeing how we are knife collectors, we thought of this idea and it was cheaper than passing out guns. :D
20180907_141611.jpg
My son will give away 50 or 60 of these and the others are going to local businesses owner that have offered to help cover some of the cost. Case was a awesome company to work with and they really stepped up and were a big help in making this possible. God bless and remember to hug your children often.
God bless!! Beautiful knife and all my best to you and your son!
Lansky1

Post by Lansky1 »

what an inspiring story - thanks for sharing !
pffffft that's not a knife ......... now THAT'S a knife !! Crocodile Dundee

John
Reverand
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Reverand »

Triumph out of tragedy! Way to go, and I think that is a beautiful knife!
Jesus is life.
Everything else is just a hobby.

~Reverand
Tony_Wood

Post by Tony_Wood »

Great work! Those are beautiful knives, and a fantastic way to remember the loved ones lost and the community strength gained.
https://m.facebook.com/sheepsfootknives/?ref=bookmarks

Instagram: #sheepsfootknivesbytwood
Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

Just incredible all the way around. Good to know your son has recovered so well. Great idea. OH
Deep in the guts of most men is buried the involuntary response to the hunter's horn, a prickle of the nape hairs, an acceleration of the pulse, an atavistic memory of his fathers, who killed first with stone, and then with club...Robert Ruark
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

I am grateful your son survived and has made a good recovery. I think the knives will be greatly appreciated by those who receive them. God bless all who have been touched by this tragedy.
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Simply amazing! Y’all have done something very special with those knives.

I am so sorry to hear that your son was in this tragedy. I’m a high school teacher and hardly a day goes by that I don’t think about how I would handle a situation like this since I can’t carry my 1911 with me in the school building.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee

Return to “Case Knife Collector's Forum”