1967 case xx display

The W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Company has a very rich history that began in 1889 when William Russell (“W.R.”), Jean, John, and Andrew Case began fashioning their knives and selling them along a wagon trail in upstate New York. The company has produced countless treasures and it continues to do so as one of the most collected brands in the world.
osuchem

1967 case xx display

Post by osuchem »

I’ve been looking around these forums for the last few years. This place has a lot of good info. Now I have a question, so I had to sign up. I picked up this old display case at a auction a few weeks back and I would like to fill it back up with the original knives from the time period. I’ve done some research on here and the web. I found a picture on these forums from a few years back that dates this around 1967. It’s a “island display”.The pics match up perfect with the one I have, but it has a white board in it. The packing invoice in the picture says “ white panel “ on it. My thinking is when case sent these out they came with different colored panels each color had a different knife configuration on it. This one is yellow and is numbered on the back for 32 knives. My question is does anyone out there have a picture,packing list for the yellow board,or any info on this? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
image.jpg
image.jpg
donjr

Re: 1967 case xx display

Post by donjr »

Your best bet would be to get in touch with Steve / Knifeaholic here on AAPK. He is the best!! donjr
osuchem

Post by osuchem »

Thanks ,Don I was hoping he would see this post.
Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

That would be a great collection theme - filling up the case with the correct knives. I hope you get the info you need (and post it in this thread). Then keep us posted as your collection grows, good luck and happy hunting! OH
Deep in the guts of most men is buried the involuntary response to the hunter's horn, a prickle of the nape hairs, an acceleration of the pulse, an atavistic memory of his fathers, who killed first with stone, and then with club...Robert Ruark
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

I may be wrong but pretty sure the panel color has no relation to what knives were on the display board. There were a few "standard" sets that could be ordered but the retailer could also customize what knives they wanted on the board. The boards are custom-built to order at the factory. Many boards I gave seen had a sheet with a list of the patterns that were on the board either attached to the back of the board or inside the display. If yours doesn't have that you may never be able to determine what knives were on it originally.

knifeaholic may have some catalog pictures or other information from that time period pertaining to that display. I have some old catalogs but none that have pictures of that specific display - here are some examples. I'll dig around some more when I get a chance.

Ken
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
osuchem

Post by osuchem »

The panel color thing was just a theory I had. I was hoping to get a blueprint of sorts so it stays period correct. Thanks for the info

Return to “Case Knife Collector's Forum”