Opinions please

The W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Company has a very rich history that began in 1889 when William Russell (“W.R.”), Jean, John, and Andrew Case began fashioning their knives and selling them along a wagon trail in upstate New York. The company has produced countless treasures and it continues to do so as one of the most collected brands in the world.
EWMailman

Opinions please

Post by EWMailman »

I recently purchased this Tested knife at auction for less money (110) than I anticipated it would bring. After the fact, I wondered if I had missed something regarding either its authenticity or its actual value. I knew this would be the place to discover if I had made a serious blunder or not. Looking forward to hearing from you all.
Attachments
DSC08570.JPG
DSC08571.JPG
DSC08572.JPG
olderdogs1

Re: Opinions please

Post by olderdogs1 »

100 percent authentic in my opinion. ::tu::
Tom
cbfd

Post by cbfd »

I agree also,looks like a good knife.It is worth more than you paid for it! Bill
slimtrap48

Post by slimtrap48 »

I agree with the other comments. I've picked up a few of these from the same era and the blades weren't even close to what you've got there. Nice pick up for sure....oh, and those handles!! ::tu::
EWMailman

Post by EWMailman »

Thanks to you all. And slimtrap, those handles were the first thing to catch my eye.
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

As a seller on eBay I can tell you that many is the times that something you sell goes for a lot less than you think it should. EBay is so fickle, a lot depends on how many watchers there are, how well known the seller is and if there is any feedback.
I have bought several items by watching everyones auctions and not just a select few, and sometimes I am the only bidder. You can get some real bargains that way.
Consider it one of those unusual circumstances that you were lucky enough to take advantage.
It looks real to me too. Dilly, Dilly
Mark
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
slimtrap48

Post by slimtrap48 »

::tu::
EWMailman wrote:Thanks to you all. And slimtrap, those handles were the first thing to catch my eye.
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by gsmith7158 »

Those are not the regular jigged bone handles you generally see on those pruners. It looks like Rogers bone. Very nice ::tu::
------------------

Greg

IF YOU AIN'T BUYING OR LOOKING AT A KNIFE THEN YOU AIN'T LIVING.
Always looking to buy good quality Empire knives.

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.

Return to “Case Knife Collector's Forum”