Case Swayback or Teardrop?

The W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Company has a very rich history that began in 1889 when William Russell (“W.R.”), Jean, John, and Andrew Case began fashioning their knives and selling them along a wagon trail in upstate New York. The company has produced countless treasures and it continues to do so as one of the most collected brands in the world.
Doug51

Case Swayback or Teardrop?

Post by Doug51 »

I'm new to Case knives. I'm trying to decide between a Swayback or a Teardrop. They look real similar in size. Would anyone have both that could post a comparison picture? I'm thinking a wharncliffe blade on the Teardrop. And haven't decided on two blade or single. Looking for opinions. Thanks
kennedy knives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Case Swayback or Teardrop?

Post by kennedy knives »

There is 6 Sway Backs on the for sell side Sanders Knives Has 5 & Kennedy's Knives has 1 could not find a Tear Drop . Maybe someone will poo up with a comparison For you .
deo-pa
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by deo-pa »

Doug, if you Google "Case swayback vs teardrop pocket knives" and then click on "Images" you will see lots of examples. There are several different curved body shapes and sizes that are called swaybacks and you will see them all. The teardrops of course are the ones with the pointy end bolster.

Dennis
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Here's a good Web site for any collector of newer Case knives. You can pretty much find any current or recent pattern here. http://www.casexx.com/Pattern/

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
ludwig26

Post by ludwig26 »

Here you go this should help. These are from the pocket worn series. Handles are old red.
Kerry
Attachments
359C1369-6A2A-4B05-A77D-CEB96F9BE118.jpeg
Doug51

Post by Doug51 »

Thanks for the picture and the website info. That helped out a bunch. I'm going with the Swayback first.
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Have both.. And both are AWESOME knives!! Good first choice but ya know whats next!!! :lol: John :D
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!

Return to “Case Knife Collector's Forum”