Shout out to Case customer service

The W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Company has a very rich history that began in 1889 when William Russell (“W.R.”), Jean, John, and Andrew Case began fashioning their knives and selling them along a wagon trail in upstate New York. The company has produced countless treasures and it continues to do so as one of the most collected brands in the world.
LSS152

Shout out to Case customer service

Post by LSS152 »

When I purchased this knife it was really beat up. Liner lock was jacked, the bolsters were in bad shape, the blade was all scratched up and the pocket clip was bent. I thought what the heck, I will send it back to Case and see if they can do anything with it. It took 3 months but all I can say is WOW! I am almost afraid to carry it now. Very impressed!
Attachments
DAA2B00D-952A-49BF-AFD8-F35A411A7371.jpeg
4C79DEBA-543F-4F93-A348-B38CD6FC8401.jpeg
2BD01964-C87A-48AE-BA63-74DEA42F2C25.jpeg
1B1A7F97-4713-4210-8BC5-A29DB81E60EE.jpeg
54C3101C-44C1-4E29-899E-702F357DD94D.jpeg
313 Mike

Re: Shout out to Case customer service

Post by 313 Mike »

Nice looking knife, glad to see Case took good care of ya ::tu::
Mike

There are those who are...and those who wish they were. He himself decides.
Woodly

Post by Woodly »

If at all possible, CASE Repair Dept always does a fine job...and that's a good example.
Lansky1

Post by Lansky1 »

LSS152 wrote:When I purchased this knife it was really beat up. Liner lock was jacked, the bolsters were in bad shape, the blade was all scratched up and the pocket clip was bent. I thought what the heck, I will send it back to Case and see if they can do anything with it. It took 3 months but all I can say is WOW! I am almost afraid to carry it now. Very impressed!
NICE ! Curious ... assume they installed a new pocket clip - was there any charge for their work refurbishing your knife ? Thanks
pffffft that's not a knife ......... now THAT'S a knife !! Crocodile Dundee

John
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

I've always received top-notch service from Case Repair, and for very reasonable prices. Here's the latest example.

I sent them this. Mark side cover was loose and chipped along the edges. As you can see the pile side cover was broken. Pins were loose - the whole thing was loose and floppy.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

I got back this:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Knife is now tight and snappy. The pearl is stunning - pictures don't do it justice, not even close. Wish they could have replaced the tipped file blade but it has the pattern number stamped on it, and what with the pattern being out of production for 80+ years, I didn't expect them to be able to replace it. I was just thrilled when they said they would replace the covers!

Cost was $50 for materials (new MOP) plus $20 for labor. Superb job by Case! ::groove::

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
Lansky1

Post by Lansky1 »

Mumbleypeg wrote:I've always received top-notch service from Case Repair, and for very reasonable prices. Here's the latest example.

I sent them this. Mark side cover was loose and chipped along the edges. As you can see the pile side cover was broken. Pins were loose - the whole thing was loose and floppy.
image.jpegimage.jpeg

I got back this:
image.jpegimage.jpeg

Knife is now tight and snappy. The pearl is stunning - pictures don't do it justice, not even close. Wish they could have replaced the tipped file blade but it has the pattern number stamped on it, and what with the pattern being out of production for 80+ years, I didn't expect them to be able to replace it. I was just thrilled when they said they would replace the covers!

Cost was $50 for materials (new MOP) plus $20 for labor. Superb job by Case! ::groove::

Ken
Ken - thats fantastic ! I had no idea Case would do that kind of work on a pattern that has long been discontinued. I imagine the work it took to custom fit both those pearl sides and tighten everything up took someone several hours - worth far more than the $20 for labor they charged you. Very impressed with this degree of service ... all I can say is WOW - I'm even more of a Case fan than ever
pffffft that's not a knife ......... now THAT'S a knife !! Crocodile Dundee

John
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Lansky1 wrote: I had no idea Case would do that kind of work on a pattern that has long been discontinued.
I can't speak on behalf of Case but it seems to me the key factor determining whether or not they will work on a given knife is not the age of the knife. I think it's availability of materials required to make the needed repairs. On this knife, although it is old all the metal parts were present and unbroken except for the tipped file blade. I sent Case pictures and a description of the knife's condition, and asked if the covers could be replaced. I made it clear I expected to pay for the repair and did not expect them to replace the file blade.

I received a reply saying based on the information provided "we can fix your knife." MOP handle material is still used by Case, so they were able to perform the repair. They did, and the materials and workmanship is excellent. ::tu:: Not sure whether being a
Case Collectors Club member made any difference. But I'm sure it it didn't hurt. :)

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/

Return to “Case Knife Collector's Forum”