2004 Case Encyclopedia Set.

The W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Company has a very rich history that began in 1889 when William Russell (“W.R.”), Jean, John, and Andrew Case began fashioning their knives and selling them along a wagon trail in upstate New York. The company has produced countless treasures and it continues to do so as one of the most collected brands in the world.
Old Folder
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

2004 Case Encyclopedia Set.

Post by Old Folder »

In 2004 Case released 350 sets of a 7 volume set totaling 58 knives with no identical patterns and each knife was serialized with the same number.
I was not aware of this set in 2004 and only became aware of them this week while looking through some of my old "Knife World" magazines.
The below picture is from the April 2004 issue.
IMG_0001 (2).JPG
A better description (And beautiful pictures) can be observed from the below website:
They currently have four of the seven sets available. You may want to sit down before you observe the asking price's, however if you are looking to fulfill or start the collection, this may be a good start.
http://authorizedknifedealeroutlet.com/ ... pedia.html

Does anyone have or seen this historical beautiful set before?
It's always important to know what you don't know.
Dan
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: 2004 Case Encyclopedia Set.

Post by edge213 »

That would be an awesome collection. I wonder how many complete sets are still around.
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
Old Folder
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Old Folder »

edge213 wrote:That would be an awesome collection. I wonder how many complete sets are still around.
Good question David. ::nod::
I also wonder how much they sold for in 2004?
It's always important to know what you don't know.
Dan
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

Wow, I have never seen or heard of such a thing. Wish I had one (or two). If you had the complete 7 volume set, with all knives with the same serial number what would that be worth? Probably more than the Holy Grail!!
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

It would be interesting to know (and impossible to determine) how Nancy complete intact sets exist. Some sets have been "parted out". Occasionally you will see a knife claimed to be from an Encyclopedia Set offered on eBay. And occasionally you will see one or two of the volumes offered. I haven't been interested so did not watch to see what they sold for. Maybe I will next time I see one. ::hmm::

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
Shearer
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Shearer »

Politicians should be like a good pocket knife ." Sharp and useful "
Treejakal

Post by Treejakal »

I have previously owned and sold an encyclopedia knife that was separated from the set. It seemed to be a finer fit and finish than the standard line. The stag on it was also superb. This was just one knife, but if the set is to the same standards, it was very nice. I sold it because it didn't fit with what I was collecting.
boykinlp

Post by boykinlp »

I am just starting to collect Case Knives. I could but this and then be finished collecting Case Knives!!! :D ::facepalm::
Larry

Each one, teach one.
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

I saw this set when Blade Show West was held one time in Ontario CA. For a few seconds I debated whether to sell my car so I could buy the set. To the best of my recollection the eBay price is about a thousand dollars less than the original asking price.
colin.p

Post by colin.p »

Cool, and looks real nice. However, I always wondered about leaving a slip joint knife partially open for prolonged periods. Wouldn't that weaken the back spring?
chorizotaco

Post by chorizotaco »

One of my knife buds has a set for sale. Shoot me an email and I can get you in contact with him.

Return to “Case Knife Collector's Forum”