Case kitchen knife

The W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Company has a very rich history that began in 1889 when William Russell (“W.R.”), Jean, John, and Andrew Case began fashioning their knives and selling them along a wagon trail in upstate New York. The company has produced countless treasures and it continues to do so as one of the most collected brands in the world.
JACK OF ALL TIRADES

Case kitchen knife

Post by JACK OF ALL TIRADES »

So I see a large box standing up on a thrift store shelf. Large as in 18" or so. I spot the Case logo and open the box and there is a large fork and a 10" or so knife. I left it because the knife was horribly scratched. Mistake?
TwoFlowersLuggage
Location: Stuck in traffic on a highway in Southern California

Re: Case kitchen knife

Post by TwoFlowersLuggage »

You can buy Case kitchen knives on Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/stores/page/57BB ... B3EB609504
"The Luggage had a straightforward way of dealing with things between it and its intended destination: it ignored them." -Terry Pratchett
XX Case XX

Post by XX Case XX »

JACK OF ALL TIRADES wrote: I left it because the knife was horribly scratched. Mistake?
Depends on the price. If it was at a thrift store, I'd be willing to bet it was cheap. You could also try and negotiate a deal because of it's condition. I would have probably bought it just because it was a Case.

I work hard so my Dog can have a better life...
JACK OF ALL TIRADES

Post by JACK OF ALL TIRADES »

It was probably $8 but no bantering here. The knife really was in bad shape. I did look around after posting and saw the great Amazon prices. This set had to be 70s or 80s

Return to “Case Knife Collector's Forum”