Here are a few!!!

The W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Company has a very rich history that began in 1889 when William Russell (“W.R.”), Jean, John, and Andrew Case began fashioning their knives and selling them along a wagon trail in upstate New York. The company has produced countless treasures and it continues to do so as one of the most collected brands in the world.
brookzee

Here are a few!!!

Post by brookzee »

This seems like a great community.im an old collector of well many things over the years.the hunt sometimes is half of it. Which didn't really happen with these case knives. But, im still excited to learn and see exactly whats here.
Attachments
IMG_20180103_144347448.jpg
IMG_20180103_144401615.jpg
IMG_20180103_144522116.jpg
IMG_20180103_144622846.jpg
IMG_20180103_144752046.jpg
IMG_20180103_154211.jpg
IMG_20180103_145212499.jpg
IMG_20180103_145228405.jpg
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Here are a few!!!

Post by treefarmer »

Are there more? ::woot:: What a wonderful group of Case knives! Thanks for posting the pictures. And before we go any further, ::welcome:: to AAPK! ::handshake::
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

Looks like you hit the jackpot, brookzee; like it or not, you're a knife collector now! Or at least the owner of a bunch very cool knives. So, what's the plan? You setting up a mini-museum and taking up the hobby, or maybe thinking of selling them...either separately or 'as found' mounted and labeled in cases? You could certainly turn that collection into a pot of gold without too much trouble if you had a mind to. But, if you already have a touch of the "collector" fever, you may want to consider adding a room onto your house to set up a display...just be sure to make that add-on room double in size from whatever you currently believe is adequate. Once the knife bug mates with your collector tendencies, you're powerless to resist and it will shock and amaze you how many knives there are "out there" that you want to own...so, you're going to need plenty of space to absorb the constant inflow of new acquisitions.

~Q~
~Q~
TwoFlowersLuggage
Location: Stuck in traffic on a highway in Southern California

Post by TwoFlowersLuggage »

Wow - I think the 2nd and 3rd pictures are my favorites! #2 has all those "1 of N" knives and #3 has all those very cool physician's knives.
"The Luggage had a straightforward way of dealing with things between it and its intended destination: it ignored them." -Terry Pratchett
brookzee

Post by brookzee »

We'll, I grew up in an antiques collecting house , and I definitely have that gene passed down.i have collections of old salt glaze pottery, saddles, 1920 and 30's lighting, furniture, etc.......I don't own anything that's really not like that. I love looking and finding. And yes , I do sell stuff and get other stuff, if I didn't , well I guess I wouldn't be able to open the front door. I really like to be able to say " hey look what I've found and scratched up". So, I probably will sell some of these and keep some as a start, then look for more.i don't know . Got some learning to do first. There are over 450 of these in the collection.most are in unused new condition.
So far my knife collection has consisted of one offs from blacksmiths. But Im really enjoying these Case knives
jlw257

Post by jlw257 »

Great collection ::tu:: ::tu::
Larry W

Happiness is looking for XX Case Red Stag Knives
XX Case XX

Post by XX Case XX »

brookzee wrote: So, I probably will sell some of these and keep some as a start, then look for more.
If I may offer some advise. Be very careful if you sell any of your Case from these era's:

1. Tested: 1920-1940.
2. XX: 1940-1964
3. USA: 1965-1969
4. Original Dot: 1970-1979.

Case knives from those 4 era's are always sought after. Make sure you do your research beforehand so you don't make a mistake. If need be, seek guidance from the older collectors here. They will give you straight answers.

I work hard so my Dog can have a better life...
brookzee

Post by brookzee »

Mike, thank you.
I have knives from all those eras and a few that are older.
I appreciate and will heed your words of wisdom. That's why I want to do some research among other reasons.
Learn the marks and nuances between some that seem similar.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

AAPK Welcome Sign.jpg
AAPK Welcome Sign.jpg (31.51 KiB) Viewed 1738 times
I love it. My type of collection. Very eclectic.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Wow - instant collection! By the time you research all of those you should be pretty knowledgable. In addition to knife reference books there's no substitute for looking at and handling knives. Try to take in some shows if you can, and talk with the collectors and dealers. Most will be glad to answer questions, especially if they're not busy selling. ::tu::

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
FRJ

Post by FRJ »

brookzee, welcome to AAPK. ::tu::

What a great show of knives.

Can you show some of your blacksmith knives?

Got any old Pflueger reels? :D
Joe

Return to “Case Knife Collector's Forum”