Case's Fly Fishing Knife - Bradford, PA

The W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Company has a very rich history that began in 1889 when William Russell (“W.R.”), Jean, John, and Andrew Case began fashioning their knives and selling them along a wagon trail in upstate New York. The company has produced countless treasures and it continues to do so as one of the most collected brands in the world.
rexstubbins

Case's Fly Fishing Knife - Bradford, PA

Post by rexstubbins »

Not sure if anyone saw this come up on Ebay about a week ago. I decided to pull the trigger on this one because I had never seen one with a CASE Bradford, PA. stamp. I'm guessing that this was manufactured pre tested anywhere from 1915 to 1920. One center rivet instead of two which I also think makes it earlier than 1920.

Blades are carbon steel with signs of rusting. Missing the bail and the spring for the scicssors. The main blade looks pretty full.

Steve if you see this post I would sure be interested to know if my assesment is correct. I'm guessing there were not too many of these made.

Thanks for looking.
Attachments
20171216_132954_HDR.jpg
20171216_133111_HDR.jpg
20171216_133136_HDR.jpg
20171216_133222_HDR.jpg
20171216_133310_HDR.jpg
Doug

The words vintage and antique are vague. Actually most words are vague. Even the word vague is vague.
Pocket Knife Art
FRJ

Re: Case's Fly Fishing Knife - Bradford, PA

Post by FRJ »

Nice one, Doug. ::tu::

Here's a ten dot for comparison. 4" closed.
Attachments
DSCN9413.JPG
DSCN9419.JPG
DSCN9421.JPG
Joe
Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

WOW.... those are NICE! I need one.

Mike
"Life is tough.... but it's tougher if you're stupid."....John Wayne
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Knice knife/multi tool!! ::tu::
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
zp4ja

Post by zp4ja »

Nice one Gents. I have a mint unused not cleaned XX example...

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=32389&hilit=Fly+Fishing

Jerry
That man is a success who has lived well, laughed often and loved much; who leaves the world better than he found it; who never lacked appreciation of earth's beauty or failed to express it; who looked for the best in other's and gave the best he had.
rexstubbins

Post by rexstubbins »

I have a XX era one tucked away in the safe that I'll need to dig out to get pictures of. May need to wait to tomorrow because it is officially Christmas shopping day according to my wife. UGH.
Doug

The words vintage and antique are vague. Actually most words are vague. Even the word vague is vague.
Pocket Knife Art
knifeaholic
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by knifeaholic »

Wow Rex, that is quite a find. That is the first example of the Case Fly Fisherman that I have ever seen or heard of from prior to the Case Tested stamp.

I saw that one on Ebay but I looked at it quickly and assumed it was a Tested so I did not bid on it. I already have a Tested mint with the clip master blade and two Testeds used with the spear master blade.
Steve Pfeiffer, author of Collecting Case Knives: Identification and Price Guide published by Krause Publications.
Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

rexstubbins wrote:I have a XX era one tucked away in the safe that I'll need to dig out to get pictures of. May need to wait to tomorrow because it is officially Christmas shopping day according to my wife. UGH.
Man.... I'm sorry.
I hope you can make it through this ordeal.
:D
"Life is tough.... but it's tougher if you're stupid."....John Wayne

Return to “Case Knife Collector's Forum”