Case coke knife found

The W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Company has a very rich history that began in 1889 when William Russell (“W.R.”), Jean, John, and Andrew Case began fashioning their knives and selling them along a wagon trail in upstate New York. The company has produced countless treasures and it continues to do so as one of the most collected brands in the world.
Setterman

Case coke knife found

Post by Setterman »

I found an old case coke knife it seems to be in excellent shape. I'm just wondering about possible year and what it's worth. I've got a ton of old case and Gerber knifes recently and I really don't know much about them. Also does anyone know what these knives where meant to be used for. Thanks
Attachments
IMG_2692.JPG
IMG_2693.JPG
IMG_2694.JPG
IMG_2695.JPG
RalphAlsip

Re: Case coke knife found

Post by RalphAlsip »

Here is a link to an eBay auction for a 1940 - 1964 Case XX C61050 like your knife. The eBay knife appears to be in better condition than your knife and has a better color. The eBay knife auctioned for $338. Your knife would not fetch that much - in my opinion. My opinion is that the C61050 was meant to be a hunting knife due to its large size.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CASE-XX-KNIFE-1 ... 7675.l2557
Attachments
s-l1600.jpg
Setterman

Post by Setterman »

Thanks for the reply it needs a good cleaning. I have a bunch of other knives I just worry posting things on eBay and getting ripped off.
XX Case XX

Post by XX Case XX »

If you found that knife, you might as well have found $150.00 on the sidewalk. That's incredible. I have one of those but it's not as old as yours.

8-Dot X3.jpg
8-Dot X4.jpg
"If there are no Dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went". Will Rogers

I work hard so my Dog can have a better life...
Setterman

Post by Setterman »

I think I might post up some pictures of the full collection tonight. I'm sure you guys would be able to spot things bette than I would m. I will confess I found a Berber silver knight in all stainless with the Japanese blade and I couldn't help but carry it. Such a beautiful well made little sticker.

Return to “Case Knife Collector's Forum”