what is the rarest case knife you have??

The W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Company has a very rich history that began in 1889 when William Russell (“W.R.”), Jean, John, and Andrew Case began fashioning their knives and selling them along a wagon trail in upstate New York. The company has produced countless treasures and it continues to do so as one of the most collected brands in the world.
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: what is the rarest case knife you have??

Postby gsmith7158 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:34 pm

CheckSix wrote:This one here is a new pickup for me and prolly in the Little League range of things for this thread but I'm told it is a fairly scarce pattern in 1970...

5347 10 Dot

Dave the stag supply in 1970 was dwindling because of the Indian embargo on Sambar stag so anything you get in 1970 and especially 1971 is going to be more scarce than other years. I had a 53087 and foolishly sold it on ebay. Winning bidder, Knifeaholic ::dang::
------------------

Greg

IF YOU AIN'T BUYING OR LOOKING AT A KNIFE THEN YOU AIN'T LIVING.
Always looking to buy good quality Empire knives.

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.

zp4ja

Postby zp4ja » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:36 pm

Great Gunboat and 67 Jerry and Harold! Sorry for delayed post as I got behind on this thread.

Really great oldie examples there!

Jerry
That man is a success who has lived well, laughed often and loved much; who leaves the world better than he found it; who never lacked appreciation of earth's beauty or failed to express it; who looked for the best in other's and gave the best he had.

dodgin2

Postby dodgin2 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:12 pm

Thanks Jerry for the info on the P100 I never knew it was that old. Ben

zp4ja

Postby zp4ja » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:18 pm

dodgin2 wrote:Thanks Jerry for the info on the P100 I never knew it was that old. Ben

No problem Ben. Seriously undervalued based on book price in my opinion with that very scarce stamp. Just my opinion.

The book says they made one in Green Bone also. Never seen one.

Jerry
That man is a success who has lived well, laughed often and loved much; who leaves the world better than he found it; who never lacked appreciation of earth's beauty or failed to express it; who looked for the best in other's and gave the best he had.

XxTestedxX

Postby XxTestedxX » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:30 pm

Lets see some more rare knives!

I have a few rare trappers coming.

v/r

XxTestedxX

Postby XxTestedxX » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:18 pm

wlf wrote:Here's the 10 dot 11 1/2

what do you use to take such good pics, just like the back coloring, and the overall saturation of the image.

I am by no means a photographer, I use an iPhone and a small photo box lol

thanks!

Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Postby Mumbleypeg » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:42 pm

dodgin2 wrote:These are probably my rarest ones. C61050L SAB Tested era & I think a P100 with odd stamp and pat. apl. for. Ben

Sorry I missed this somehow, but that P100 is a rare find. My paternal grandfather had one like it but it was red. Carried it every day. After he passed my sister acquired it - and has no idea what happened to it afterward (says she still has it, just doesn't know where it is)! ::teary_eyes:: I've never seen another one.

Sargent's 7th says the imitation onyx version (yours looks like imitation onyx) is a B100, says the red cracked ice version is an M100 but also lists several versions of the M100 with metal, blue celluloid, cracked Ice, green bone, and gold handles. ::shrug::

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

"There was a time when young people revered their elders. No one knows when this was." - Bill Heavey
https://www.akti.org/

wlf
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Postby wlf » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:09 pm

XxTestedxX wrote:
wlf wrote:Here's the 10 dot 11 1/2

what do you use to take such good pics, just like the back coloring, and the overall saturation of the image.

I am by no means a photographer, I use an iPhone and a small photo box lol

thanks!

I used to use a mid priced Fuji camera that recently got stolen, along with a roll of knives and some other things. :x

My best shots were made by the lighting. A picture taken in the evening light always turned out best.
I buy roosters and farmers..........................................................jack knives [/b]

May the Father and Son bless
Lyle

wlf
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Postby wlf » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:20 pm

I went back and looked at the scans you referenced. All those were done with an Epson Perfection V500 scanner. It takes little skill to achieve good pictures aka scans.
I buy roosters and farmers..........................................................jack knives [/b]

May the Father and Son bless
Lyle

montemojo
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Postby montemojo » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:36 pm

Oh no Lyle, say it ain't so, it wasn't a roll of rooster combs? If it were I for one will be on the lookout. I can not stand a thief. Hope you find them.

Monte

XxTestedxX

Postby XxTestedxX » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:03 pm

wlf wrote:I went back and looked at the scans you referenced. All those were done with an Epson Perfection V500 scanner. It takes little skill to achieve good pictures aka scans.

I'm going to try this at work, besides we have a 5000$ printer, hope it doesn't break lol

olderdogs1
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Postby olderdogs1 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:08 pm

Here is one I have never seen until I got this one. An old Case knife, 20's, stamped R Case Bradford, Germany. From what I have read, this was due to a translation era with the Germans. It is a small knife 2 3/8' closed. I would consider it rare. ::tu::

Tom
Attachments
260.JPG
265.JPG
275.JPG
282.JPG
286.JPG

gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Postby gsmith7158 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:13 pm

Very nice Tom! Rare indeed. ::tu:: ::tu::
------------------

Greg

IF YOU AIN'T BUYING OR LOOKING AT A KNIFE THEN YOU AIN'T LIVING.
Always looking to buy good quality Empire knives.

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.

Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Postby Mumbleypeg » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:41 pm

Very interesting, unique knife Tom! I've not seen that stamp. BTW, what book is that your picture is from?

Ken

Edit: Never mind, just saw on another thread you said it's from Witchers book - I have a copy here somewhere. ::facepalm::
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

"There was a time when young people revered their elders. No one knows when this was." - Bill Heavey
https://www.akti.org/

XxTestedxX

Postby XxTestedxX » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:41 pm

Case xx 62052 half congress w/rough black handles

I've to date never seen another, also.. Half the books I've looked in didn't have it listed, but I believe Jim sargents book has it listed.

If someone has any Intel or have one themselves I'd love to see it
Attachments
image.jpeg

Return to “Case Knife Collector's Forum”