Newest Case Pick-Ups

The W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Company has a very rich history that began in 1889 when William Russell (“W.R.”), Jean, John, and Andrew Case began fashioning their knives and selling them along a wagon trail in upstate New York. The company has produced countless treasures and it continues to do so as one of the most collected brands in the world.
Jdub

Re: Newest Case Pick-Ups

Post by Jdub »

Thanks!
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Jdub,
Let me echo what Chris said, "plumb gorgeous"! That's a real knife, the 2 apparent different shades of the handle colors is always interesting, made when a knife was still seen as a tool. ::tu::
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

FRJ wrote:
Here's a little lobster I just got.
Thanks for looking.
That's a beauty Joe - excellent color in the pearl! I have a few pearls in my Sunday-go-to-meeting rotation. ::groove:: I had my eye one like it on eBay recently but didn't bid. If that's it, I'm glad you got it. ::tu::

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
FRJ

Post by FRJ »

Thank you, Ken. ::handshake::
I really like these elegant little pearls. They must have tested a cutlers skills.
Joe
Jdub

Post by Jdub »

treefarmer wrote:Jdub,
Let me echo what Chris said, "plumb gorgeous"! That's a real knife, the 2 apparent different shades of the handle colors is always interesting, made when a knife was still seen as a tool. ::tu::
Treefarmer
Thank you, I appreciate that. The back handle is considerably darker than the front. I suppose back when it was made the collectibility of these knives wasn't even a thought.
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

This 1977 Delrin 6231 1/2 arrived in the mail today.
Attachments
IMG_3619.JPG
IMG_3621.JPG
Rick T.

"My knife money maketh itself wings!" mb>

Proud member of the Buck Collectors Club Inc.
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

Just another 6207 to add to the pile...but, this one has the somewhat rare barn shield.
P9210001.JPG
~Q~
~Q~
Oldredbone67

Post by Oldredbone67 »

Picked up this #63052, 1987, with the shield I like. A very nice red bone handle. I have never seen the pattern whittler and , well you know the rest, I just had to have it.
Attachments
Whittler
Whittler
Whittler
Whittler
steve99f

Post by steve99f »

Q

Check out the link for a thread on these.

viewtopic.php?f=66&t=48468
steve99f
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

Thanks, Steve...I remembered reading that thread awhile ago as that was the first time I had ever seen the barn shield (which is apparently a special shield made exclusively for Tractor Supply Company). I don't usually buy knives just for the shield, but when I saw it on an 07 pattern, I had to get one. That shield may be more common back east, but I still consider it "somewhat rare" since I don't see too many for sale on eBay, and there are no TSC outlets in HI (at least none that I'm aware of).

~Q~
~Q~
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

You guys never cease to amaze me. ::groove::
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by garddogg56 »

It's still a cool knife Q-man ::nod::
"On the Road Again"Willie Nelson
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

Thamks, gdogg. It looks as though the people who got them at TSC for closeout prices are now flipping them on eBay as they suddenly seem to be everywhere. I still like it even though the barn shield is not "somewhat rare" as I once thought. And, you'll never hear me complain about getting a brand new Case 07 for $21, even if the seller made 100% profit on the flip. At least it's not like the outrageous markup prices I routinely see on Northwoods and some of the new GEC releases.

Here's my most recent Case acquisition: 2005 Sky Blue Wharncliffe Mini Trapper 6207W with the (not entirely uncommon) diamond shield. Paid a bit more for this one ($41), but still a very reasonable price for Case quality.
P9230008.JPG
P9230009.JPG
P9230007.JPG
~Q~
~Q~
XxTestedxX

Post by XxTestedxX »

Tested 6161L/6383

Looking for some near mint/mint 75LP's if anyone has any
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by gsmith7158 »

QTCut5 wrote:Thamks, gdogg. It looks as though the people who got them at TSC for closeout prices are now flipping them on eBay as they suddenly seem to be everywhere. I still like it even though the barn shield is not "somewhat rare" as I once thought. And, you'll never hear me complain about getting a brand new Case 07 for $21, even if the seller made 100% profit on the flip. At least it's not like the outrageous markup prices I routinely see on Northwoods and some of the new GEC releases.

Here's my most recent Case acquisition: 2005 Sky Blue Wharncliffe Mini Trapper 6207W with the (not entirely uncommon) diamond shield. Paid a bit more for this one ($41), but still a very reasonable price for Case quality.

P9230008.JPGP9230009.JPGP9230007.JPG

~Q~
Q, that one has a decidedly Hawaiian flare to it with the ocean blue handles ::tu::
------------------

Greg

IF YOU AIN'T BUYING OR LOOKING AT A KNIFE THEN YOU AIN'T LIVING.
Always looking to buy good quality Empire knives.

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

The leverlock is a beauty Tested XX, wow, looks to be mint too. Hope the laws in your state don't make you break the law with that beauty. I'd carry it anyway, very cool.
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

Just snagged this 1997 single blade bare head olive green bone mini trapper to add to my bottomless (topless??) 07 pile.
PA110037.JPG
PA110029.JPG
~Q~
~Q~
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

I like the bare head there Q, don't see that too often. Good looking bone too. NIce score. Congrats.
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter
Tsar Bomba

Post by Tsar Bomba »

QTCut5 wrote:Just snagged this 1997 single blade bare head olive green bone mini trapper to add to my bottomless (topless??) 07 pile.
That's the CCC Jr. version, right?

My goodness, I actually beat The Great Q to an 07??? :shock:

Absolutely love what Case has been doing with their olive green. Short of the 70s "red bone"/chestnut of today, I'd have to say the newer olive green bone is probably my favorite color Case. I've got a short run half-Congress somewhere in the same pants and it's one of my favorite knives, full stop.
ImageImageImageImage
Everything's better with a Barlow
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

Tsar Bomba wrote:My goodness, I actually beat The Great Q to an 07??? :shock:

Absolutely love what Case has been doing with their olive green. Short of the 70s "red bone"/chestnut of today, I'd have to say the newer olive green bone is probably my favorite color Case. I've got a short run half-Congress somewhere in the same pants and it's one of my favorite knives, full stop.
"The Great Q" ?? ::uc:: Who is this "Great Q" of whom you speak? ::hmm:: I would surely like to meet him. :wink:

Regarding the olive green 07...(007, actually...according to the tang stamp), the 'financially undisciplined and fiscally irresponsible Q' had to wait to get it until I had sufficient coinage in my habitually overdrawn and chronically depleted knife budget.

Still wondering if anyone can explain the extra "0" in the pattern number. It's gotta signify something...bare head, perhaps?
PA110030.JPG
~Q~
~Q~
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Well thanks to "The Great "~Q~", I just ended up with one of the Tractor Supply 07s. Something a little funky about the tip of the main blade but I measured the blade and it's not short. Somehow, someone has slightly reprofiled the tip. ::shrug::
Condition, though not perfect, is decent and the price was right so I decided to keep it anyway.
Attachments
DSC08675.JPG
DSC08676.JPG
DSC08677.JPG
DSC08684.JPG
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

Maybe you got an ultra rare tanto blade version, jerryd.

~Q~
~Q~
steve99f

Post by steve99f »

Q

I'll bet you the extra 0 denotes the bareheaded frame. Great looking variant! ::tu::
steve99f
steve99f

Post by steve99f »

Jerryd

Checked my TSC mini. The tip isn't as up-swept as yours. Kind of odd if the blade length is correct.
steve99f
Tsar Bomba

Post by Tsar Bomba »

steve99f wrote:Checked my TSC mini. The tip isn't as up-swept as yours. Kind of odd if the blade length is correct.
Could just be an imperfection from grinding. I've gotten a few Case knives where blade was correct but the belly near the tip was well out of whack.

That being aid, none of my 07s come anywhere close to that stark of an angle on the tip. ::shrug::

Return to “Case Knife Collector's Forum”