Let's see your Case Stockman knives

The W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Company has a very rich history that began in 1889 when William Russell (“W.R.”), Jean, John, and Andrew Case began fashioning their knives and selling them along a wagon trail in upstate New York. The company has produced countless treasures and it continues to do so as one of the most collected brands in the world.
big monk

Re: Let's see your Case Stockman knives

Post by big monk »

Here's a few*** :)
Attachments
IMG_2858 (2).JPG
IMG_2801 (2).JPG
IMG_2823 (2).JPG
I'm not young enough,____to know everything !!!!!!!!!!!!

MONK****
Lansky1

Post by Lansky1 »

Here's my stash of 32's & a few 90's (no one can ever say I've been afraid of color ::nod:: ) ...
case 32.JPG
pffffft that's not a knife ......... now THAT'S a knife !! Crocodile Dundee

John
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

Case - my favorite maker.
Stockman - my favorite pattern.
My first knife was a Kutmaster stockman given to me by my grandfather back in '70-'71. I was 8 or 9. Wish I had a better memory! ::facepalm::
Anyway, here's my collection to date.
20180629_084543.jpg
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
slimtrap48

Post by slimtrap48 »

ruger stockman.jpg
Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

Comparing open main blade angle on most of my 18 pattern Case Medium Stockman knives. The older the knife the more angle on the blade when open, and the wider the blade. OH
Attachments
Case 18 pattern 1975-2015.jpg
Deep in the guts of most men is buried the involuntary response to the hunter's horn, a prickle of the nape hairs, an acceleration of the pulse, an atavistic memory of his fathers, who killed first with stone, and then with club...Robert Ruark
woodwalker

Post by woodwalker »

Old Hunter wrote:Comparing open main blade angle on most of my 18 pattern Case Medium Stockman knives. The older the knife the more angle on the blade when open, and the wider the blade. OH
Nice OH!!
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

P82A0722.JPG
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
FarSide
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by FarSide »

1971 53087 Stockman
Case 53087 1971.jpg
-Tim
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

6318 As Ground in caramel bone in my pocket today
20180831_155133.jpg
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

slimtrap48

Post by slimtrap48 »

Here are "some" of my sons 75 stockman collection.
IMG_0939.JPG
AR Norby

Post by AR Norby »

Steve Warden wrote:6318 As Ground in caramel bone in my pocket today
20180831_155133.jpg

Nice knife, but what I really want to say is Blood & Thunder is one of the best books about the American West I have ever read.
Perception is Reality
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

AR Norby wrote:
20180831_155133.jpg

Nice knife, but what I really want to say is Blood & Thunder is one of the best books about the American West I have ever read.
Thanks!

I'm enjoying the book. And it was only $5 at a discount store!
Being in AZ, do you get out to see any of the places mentioned in the book?
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

Once I learned about the existence of the Case 27 pattern (pen knife in the Stockman configuration) I started looking around for one, found it last week. OH
Attachments
Case 6327 Small Stockman 2012.jpg
Deep in the guts of most men is buried the involuntary response to the hunter's horn, a prickle of the nape hairs, an acceleration of the pulse, an atavistic memory of his fathers, who killed first with stone, and then with club...Robert Ruark
zp4ja

Post by zp4ja »

Old Hunter wrote:Once I learned about the existence of the Case 27 pattern (pen knife in the Stockman configuration) I started looking around for one, found it last week. OH
Great little knife eh Bruce?

Personally think the 27 is a great secondary small job watch pocket carry. Kind of odd first time to see and handle such a small Stockman . Have a few myself as I recall (can’t recall how many off top of my head) and they function and snap like their bigger siblings. My recollection is is clear on action and snap for sure.

Jerry

Edit: looks like one of my XX 27 pattern is posted on page 9 of this thread with a quarter for size reference.
That man is a success who has lived well, laughed often and loved much; who leaves the world better than he found it; who never lacked appreciation of earth's beauty or failed to express it; who looked for the best in other's and gave the best he had.
Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

You are right Jerry - very snappy walk & talk, surprisingly good action for such a small pocketknife. For about 18 years I carried a Schrade 108OT everyday to work (lost it on a jobsite in Fayetteville in 2005). This knife is the exact same size as that knife was except this Case is snappier than the Schrades were (I had the Uncle Henry too, forgot the pattern number, lost it first). Bruce
FarSide
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by FarSide »

Old Hunter wrote:Once I learned about the existence of the Case 27 pattern (pen knife in the Stockman configuration) I started looking around for one, found it last week. OH
Nice little knife. Did not know they made a stockman that small. Had to look up the info on that pattern. Curious how far back they made those.

"The three bladed version is one of many knives known as a stock knife or stockman. It is among the smallest stockman knives, measuring only 2 3/4″. Because of this, it is often referred to as a baby premium stock knife, or small stockman. This knife most often has a clip master blade, along with a pen blade and sheepfoot blade. Case started making them sometime between 1940-1964".
-Tim
zp4ja

Post by zp4ja »

FarSide wrote:
Nice little knife. Did not know they made a stockman that small. Had to look up the info on that pattern. Curious how far back they made those.

"The three bladed version is one of many knives known as a stock knife or stockman. It is among the smallest stockman knives, measuring only 2 3/4″. Because of this, it is often referred to as a baby premium stock knife, or small stockman. This knife most often has a clip master blade, along with a pen blade and sheepfoot blade. Case started making them sometime between 1940-1964".
Hey FarSide,

I have to look again if I have any others but the three XX I own all have clip, sheepfoot and Spey with Spey all alone at bottom end.
I think I counted once and CASE has nine different Stockman patterns. Can’t recall if I included the rare 66 pattern in that count. I have a TESTED 66 posted on page 6 of this thread that is a relatively unknown and rarely seen Stockman to most collectors.

Great knife Bruce.

Jerry
That man is a success who has lived well, laughed often and loved much; who leaves the world better than he found it; who never lacked appreciation of earth's beauty or failed to express it; who looked for the best in other's and gave the best he had.
FarSide
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by FarSide »

zp4ja wrote:
FarSide wrote:

Hey FarSide,

I have to look again if I have any others but the three XX I own all have clip, sheepfoot and Spey with Spey all alone at bottom end.
I think I counted once and CASE has nine different Stockman patterns. Can’t recall if I included the rare 66 pattern in that count. I have a TESTED 66 posted on page 6 of this thread that is a relatively unknown and rarely seen Stockman to most collectors.

Great knife Bruce.

Jerry
Okay, I found that 66 on page 7. Very nice. It must be rare because they don't even list it in the Case Research Pattern No.'s Info here in AAPK. How does it compare to the others as far as size?
-Tim
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by gsmith7158 »

Here's a 53087, 5347 and a 6392
Attachments
001.JPG
002.JPG
003.JPG
004.JPG
005.JPG
006.JPG
------------------

Greg

IF YOU AIN'T BUYING OR LOOKING AT A KNIFE THEN YOU AIN'T LIVING.
Always looking to buy good quality Empire knives.

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
zp4ja

Post by zp4ja »

FarSide wrote:
zp4ja wrote:
FarSide wrote: Nice little knife. Did not know they made a stockman that small. Had to look up the info on that pattern. Curious how far back they made those.

Hey FarSide,

Great knife Bruce.

Jerry
Okay, I found that 66 on page 7. Very nice. It must be rare because they don't even list it in the Case Research Pattern No.'s Info here in AAPK. How does it compare to the others as far as size?
3-1/8” or a hair over. Listed in Traders Guide. Never have seen another at this point and time.

Jerry
Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

Very nice trio Greg - each one a beauty. OH
Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

Farside, there is also the more common Case 33 pattern, which is another penknife sized stockman pattern by Case - the 33 has square bolsters instead of rounded - they are easy pocketknives to find. OH
AR Norby

Post by AR Norby »

Steve Warden wrote:
AR Norby wrote:
20180831_155133.jpg

Thanks!

I'm enjoying the book. And it was only $5 at a discount store!
Being in AZ, do you get out to see any of the places mentioned in the book?
Yes I do. I've lived and worked in the area of the Navajo Res. for years in AZ and NM. Plus I have a son in law who is half Navajo and his Great-Grandmother was part of the Long Walk.
Perception is Reality
RalphAlsip

Post by RalphAlsip »

This is a Case Classic 6340 - not sure who made it (Queen?). It's a large pattern at approximately 4 3/8" closed.
Attachments
Case Classic Case Brothers 6340 front & back.jpg
Case Classic Case Brothers 6340 top & bottom.jpg
Case Classic Case Brothers 6340 #3 small.jpg

Return to “Case Knife Collector's Forum”