A couple of 1970's Case Pocket Knives

The W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Company has a very rich history that began in 1889 when William Russell (“W.R.”), Jean, John, and Andrew Case began fashioning their knives and selling them along a wagon trail in upstate New York. The company has produced countless treasures and it continues to do so as one of the most collected brands in the world.
TDCase

A couple of 1970's Case Pocket Knives

Post by TDCase »

Picked up a couple of 70's Case knives. No. 1 is a 1976 Bicentennial stag Sod Buster Junior and No. 2 is a 1977 blue scroll stag Trapper. TD

A sharp knife is a friend indeed!
gino

Re: A couple of 1970's Case Pocket Knives

Post by gino »

Great lookin knives TD.
I love the handles on that first one!
-( life is too short to carry a cheap knife )-
tjmurphy

Post by tjmurphy »

K-nice K-nives. I to like those stag handles. Ya reckon they did a knife for each state?
"There are none so blind as those that refuse to see"

God Bless America - Though I don't know why he would want to.
TDCase

Post by TDCase »

gino wrote:Great lookin knives TD.
I love the handles on that first one!
Thanks Gino... TD
TDCase

Post by TDCase »

tjmurphy wrote:K-nice K-nives. I to like those stag handles. Ya reckon they did a knife for each state?
Thanks tjmurphy ... I'm not sure if they had one for each state. I don't think they did but I could be wrong. If so, I got 49 more to go ::dang:: TD
tjmurphy

Post by tjmurphy »

The reason I ask is because Kentucky became a state in 1792 so it couldn't have been Kentucky's bi-Centennial. As an aside, my 6th great-grandfather came into Kentucky with Daniel Boone and was one of the original settlers of Boonesboro.
"There are none so blind as those that refuse to see"

God Bless America - Though I don't know why he would want to.
TDCase

Post by TDCase »

tjmurphy wrote:The reason I ask is because Kentucky became a state in 1792 so it couldn't have been Kentucky's bi-Centennial. As an aside, my 6th great-grandfather came into Kentucky with Daniel Boone and was one of the original settlers of Boonesboro.
I'm not sure I know the answer as to why Kentucky. Boy that is so cool about your family history ::tu:: I like your signature as I'm a big fan of bluegrass as well as a musician. Leaving tomorrow for a family reunion where I will be playing my ol' Gallagher Doc Watson and one of my mandolins! TD
knifeaholic
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by knifeaholic »

tjmurphy wrote:The reason I ask is because Kentucky became a state in 1792 so it couldn't have been Kentucky's bi-Centennial. As an aside, my 6th great-grandfather came into Kentucky with Daniel Boone and was one of the original settlers of Boonesboro.

That stag sodbuster was part of a set of three knives, each released one year 1974, 1975, 1976.

The first knife was a G137 with green delrin handles, the second a P137 with pakkawood handles then the third in stag. They all had the same Kentucky Bicentennial etch.

I have a set of them available if anyone is interested.
Steve Pfeiffer, author of Collecting Case Knives: Identification and Price Guide published by Krause Publications.
TDCase

Post by TDCase »

knifeaholic wrote:

That stag sodbuster was part of a set of three knives, each released one year 1974, 1975, 1976.

The first knife was a G137 with green delrin handles, the second a P137 with pakkawood handles then the third in stag. They all had the same Kentucky Bicentennial etch.

I have a set of them available if anyone is interested.
knifeaholic, Thanks for the info! TD

Return to “Case Knife Collector's Forum”