Cleaning and Polishing A Few

The W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Company has a very rich history that began in 1889 when William Russell (“W.R.”), Jean, John, and Andrew Case began fashioning their knives and selling them along a wagon trail in upstate New York. The company has produced countless treasures and it continues to do so as one of the most collected brands in the world.
big monk

Cleaning and Polishing A Few

Post by big monk »

Got a few out today,for some spring cleaning,and oiling_______how often do you guys do,something like this????? I enjoy looking at em' about once or twice a year,and it's like "'Christmas"" everytime I do !!!!!!!!!! ::nod::
Attachments
IMG_0051.JPG
IMG_0006.JPG
IMG_0007.JPG
IMG_0008.JPG
I'm not young enough,____to know everything !!!!!!!!!!!!

MONK****
LC

Re: Cleaning and Polishing A Few

Post by LC »

Monk some great knives you have there ::tu:: Once, twice a year cleaning just depends on the knife :wink: Usually when I get one in it gets a real good cleaning, and what I mean by that is that I use something to flush out all the hafting material left behind when they are buffed and cleaned at the factory, Case recently started useing a different way of cleaning their knives but I find not much of an improvement in that department :( After cleaning I work a drop of 3in1 onto the joints work the blades a little and then wipe down, then use compressed air to blow anything else out that might be left behind ::nod:: Use Metal Glo and Ren Wax to top it off ::tu:: Usually check mine at least twice a year and touch up as needed ::nod:: Now with Knives that have CV and Celluloid Handles you would check more often ::nod:: ::nod:: ::nod::
big monk

Post by big monk »

Thanks LC_______I don't own one with Celluloid scales (don't think so,anyways ???),and I've found out about the CV's____you really have to ""baby sit"" em' or you'll get spotting quick :roll:
I'm not young enough,____to know everything !!!!!!!!!!!!

MONK****
TDCase

Post by TDCase »

Big Monk, That's some fine looking knives! TD
A sharp knife is a friend indeed!
gino

Post by gino »

Hey Monk? I think you got those beauties out to make us jealous! WELL IT WORKED ! LOL!!!
Chrome vanadium is a pain~
-( life is too short to carry a cheap knife )-
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

I like carrying CV but I save the SS for collecting. My EDC for the last 1 1/2 has been a Case CV pen knife and have not had any problems with rust but then again I do carry it quite a bit.
PRAY FOR OUR TROOPS!

Return to “Case Knife Collector's Forum”