Vintage/Antique Case Bros Knife Case Solid Shape. Age? Worth?

The W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Company has a very rich history that began in 1889 when William Russell (“W.R.”), Jean, John, and Andrew Case began fashioning their knives and selling them along a wagon trail in upstate New York. The company has produced countless treasures and it continues to do so as one of the most collected brands in the world.
DaveOz

Vintage/Antique Case Bros Knife Case Solid Shape. Age? Worth?

Post by DaveOz »

Hello Case Collectors and such. I found this in my death pile and I think I Picked it up from and old timers sewers House. It was filled with tons of old Thimbles and needles that were pretty old themselves. Any how, I see these are more valuable than some of the knives themselves. I can see why since they were not meant to be kept and at least a half dozen knifes came in just one box. Its seems to be in very good shape for its age.. Can any one help me with an age range, word specifics and an idea on how to price it for sale? Thanks
20210802_233320.jpg
20210802_233242.jpg
20210802_233247.jpg
20210802_231732.jpg
20210802_233240.jpg
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Vintage/Antique Case Bros Knife Case Solid Shape. Age? Worth?

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Welcome to AAPK. That appears to be a nice old Case Brothers Cutlery shipping box, from early 1900s, specifically pre-1914 which is when the firm went bankrupt. As for value, I seriously doubt it is worth more than one of the knives that were in it, if the knife were in condition similar to the box. However there are folks who collect the boxes so it does have some value. Your best resource for current values is an advanced search of sold listings on eBay. Look there for keywords “pocket knife box only”or similar, to see how much they’ve sold for and wording used by sellers in their listings. Be aware that the graphics from that box were reproduced in the 1990s for the "Case Classics” knives made at that time, but those knives were individually boxed and do not have ink stamps like the box you have. You probably want to point that out in your listing,

Here’s a link to a long-running thread here about old knife boxes, that may help. https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/kn ... hp?t=10597

If it was mine and I wanted to sell it I’d list it on eBay with pictures and a starting minimum bid of $9.95. The bidders will find its value for you.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
olderdogs1

Re: Vintage/Antique Case Bros Knife Case Solid Shape. Age? Worth?

Post by olderdogs1 »

I have never seen one of these.

Tom

Return to “Case Knife Collector's Forum”