Ode To The 07

The W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Company has a very rich history that began in 1889 when William Russell (“W.R.”), Jean, John, and Andrew Case began fashioning their knives and selling them along a wagon trail in upstate New York. The company has produced countless treasures and it continues to do so as one of the most collected brands in the world.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Ode To The 07

Post by jerryd6818 »

QTCut5 wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 3:40 am This month's goal: no buying OR bidding ::huff::
Good luck with that one spake the man with little to no self control.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

jerryd6818 wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 3:50 am
QTCut5 wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 3:40 am This month's goal: no buying OR bidding ::huff::
Good luck with that one spake the man with little to no self control.
:lol: :lol: LOL, jerryd you have more self-control and discipline in your pinkie finger than I've accumulated in my entire life. I still remember marveling with astonishment when you delayed buying a $20 Mini-T until your credit card reset on the first of the next month (which was still three whole weeks away, IIRC). Your many feats of self-control are so impressive, even The Monkey is amazed (and I can assure you, he's not easily awed :o)
We are all just prisoners here of our own device.
In the master's chamber they gather for the feast.
They stab it with their steely knives but they just can't kill the beast.
(Eagles: Hotel California)

~Q~
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

QTCut5 wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 3:40 am
Ivoryman wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 2:26 am Congrats on beating that beast of a monkey back and not buying for a month. ::tu:: ::ds:: You done good. Victory my friend, victory. Small but substantial steps.
Thanks for the vote of confidence, Ivoryman ::handshake::. Fortunately, Feb is a short month so it was a good one to get under my "abstinence belt" and start forming new habits of mind over matter. Although, to be honest, there were a few close calls in which I came precariously close to falling off the wagon but ended up finishing in second place (at the last second) on some eBay auctions. So, apparently The Monkey was still exerting some influence over my resolve just by getting me to put in a few bids. Now it's a new month and I have renewed my resolve to resist. This month's goal: no buying OR bidding ::huff::
Wow, that will be two months in a row. Serious progress there. Impressive. I didn't make it in February, but I haven't bought a single knife in March. Gotta start somewhere. :lol:
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

Just when I thought I had The Monkey totally subdued and his Mini-T addiction under complete control, he claims to have discovered irrefutable empirical evidence that proves the physical existence of the mythical and ever elusive 5207W "White Whale" Mini-T of lore which, heretofore, I had concluded was a model never produced by Case and was nothing more than a "Unicorn" and a fantasy created by and existing exclusively in the darkest depths of a delusional, Mini-T obsessed mind. I was so convinced of this conclusion that, as some of you may recall, I finally resorted to modifying two bone handled 6207Ws with stag from Culpeppers (courtesy of glennbad) in order to create a pair of faux (5)207Ws to satisfy my desire and check off one more of the very few remaining knives needed to "complete" my 07W collection once and for all.
(See here for a reminder: https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/kn ... start=1075 )

But, now that I know a factory made 5207W does in fact exist in reality and is not simply a product of fever dreams and wishful fantasy, The Monkey has resumed control and has set his sights on acquiring one at all costs without any regard whatsoever for my resolution of abstinence, much less my financial penury.

Stay tuned to this thread for updates in the ongoing epic saga of Mini-T Monkey's mission to track down and bag a genuine Case factory-made 5207W Unicorn ::suspense::

~Q~
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

FOUND IT! ::woot::

2011 Case 5207W DAM - Stag Damascus Wharncliffe Mini Trapper
P3150001.JPG
P3150003.JPG
P3150004.JPG
P3150005.JPG
P3150006.JPG
P3150016.JPG
P3150015.JPG
P3150020.JPG
P3150017.JPG
Case XX soft brown suede leather sheath included
P3150021.JPG

~Q~
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

P3150012.JPG
P3150022.JPG

I am grateful to the Texas Airport Surrendered Knives Co. but I do feel sorry for the poor fellow who had to "surrender" this beauty. (At least it has found a new home where it will be safe from any further confiscations!)
P3150023.JPG

Now my 07 collection is well and truly complete at last! ( ::skeptic:: )

~Q~
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

QTCut5 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 1:34 am P3150012.JPGP3150022.JPG

I am grateful to the Texas Airport Surrendered Knives Co. but I do feel sorry for the poor fellow who had to "surrender" this beauty. (At least it has found a new home where it will be safe from any further confiscations!)
P3150023.JPG

Now my 07 collection is well and truly complete at last! ( ::skeptic:: )
Good looking knife. Wow, people still take stuff like this to the airport? They don't put it in their checked bag? Or leave it home to be safe? Shocking. Boon for you. Congrats, it's a beauty and the steel looks killer.
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

Ivoryman wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:19 am Good looking knife. Wow, people still take stuff like this to the airport? They don't put it in their checked bag? Or leave it home to be safe? Shocking. Boon for you. Congrats, it's a beauty and the steel looks killer.
Apparently enough people still try to carry knives onto planes to support an entire company dedicated exclusively to reselling the confiscated knives. It's unbelievable, I know. ::cb:: (Maybe it's just another inexplicable "Texas thang" ::undecided:: ::shrug:: ::hmm::)

~Q~
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

That right there is everything you could ever want in an 07. Congratulations!!!
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

Thanks, jerryd, I agree and I think it's the perfect one for me to end on. It's been a wild, crazy fun adventure and I'm glad you were right here with me the whole way; we had a pretty good run, I'd say. ::nod:: ::handshake::

~Q~
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Aye Laddie. That we did. ::woot:: ::handshake::
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

That oughta satiate the Monkey (and keep his paws off your wallet) for a good long while. Congratulations on obtaining that superb-looking unicorn, Q! ::tu::
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
Case taste, Rough Ryder budget
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

Dan In MI wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 3:32 pm That oughta satiate the Monkey (and keep his paws off your wallet) for a good long while. Congratulations on obtaining that superb-looking unicorn, Q! ::tu::
Thanks Dan, I hope you're right, at least about The Monkey's 07 satiation ::undecided:: Unfortunately, probably not so much with regard to him keeping his thieving little monkey paws out of my wallet as his attention has merely been diverted to other shiny new knives - like grabbing all the Queen ACSB-handled knives he can find. When you have a Monkey like mine on your back, the excitement never ends ::doh:: ::tired::

~Q~
Theo

Post by Theo »

Congrats ~ Q ~ glad you found your illusive unicorn!!
I did forget to post the last two 07's I purchased the other day. Both are a 9207 Rainbow Corelon... ::tu::
Attachments
3A5562FA-941B-4402-80D2-491EAED96449.jpeg
5BDBC9DD-0A6D-490F-A275-2E1A498CC3AA.jpeg
0B328E0B-B4C9-44C6-8D0F-68B979CBBB51.jpeg
46BCFC3F-B7BA-48E7-8D5B-92D8DB100E22.jpeg
DC3F578C-3A23-46C0-99E6-33AD74450B29.jpeg
3C2D99B7-DBDA-4B1B-AD58-0E14CB9B4622.jpeg
My new store http://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/theo

“I don’t wanna kill anybody. But if I gotta get out that door, and you’re standing in my way, one way or the other, you’re gettin’ outta my way.” – Mr. Pink (Steve Buscemi) Reservoir Dogs
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

Theo wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:16 pm Congrats ~ Q ~ glad you found your illusive unicorn!!
I did forget to post the last two 07's I purchased the other day. Both are a 9207 Rainbow Corelon... ::tu::
Thanks, Theo. :D

I was hoping you would post your new Mini-Ts in this thread...was wondering if I should say something or just wait ::hmm:: Glad you remembered and decided to put 'em here for all 07 lovers and their posterity to see for generations to come. That 9207 Rainbow Corelon sure has some snazzy sparkle; nice pick ups ::nod::

~Q~
Lansky1

Post by Lansky1 »

jerryd6818 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:41 am Aye Laddie. That we did. ::woot:: ::handshake::
here here (epic damascus stag 07W Q - that is something else !)
pffffft that's not a knife ......... now THAT'S a knife !! Crocodile Dundee

John
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

Lansky1 wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:08 am epic damascus stag 07W Q - that is something else !
Thanks, John. As the saying goes, "All good things must end, eventually." Truly the end of an era of which you were a big part and played a significant role with all your great custom 07 Wharnie mods. It's been a pleasure. ::handshake::

~Q~
Theo

Post by Theo »

QTCut5 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:07 pm
Theo wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:16 pm Congrats ~ Q ~ glad you found your illusive unicorn!!
Thanks, Theo. :D

I was hoping you would post your new Mini-Ts in this thread...was wondering if I should say something or just wait ::hmm:: Glad you remembered and decided to put 'em here for all 07 lovers and their posterity to see for generations to come. That 9207 Rainbow Corelon sure has some snazzy sparkle; nice pick ups ::nod::
Yes I did forget for awhile, the wife is still out of town , so I have been shopping...lol

“I don’t wanna kill anybody. But if I gotta get out that door, and you’re standing in my way, one way or the other, you’re gettin’ outta my way.” – Mr. Pink (Steve Buscemi) Reservoir Dogs
Lansky1

Post by Lansky1 »

QTCut5 wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:02 am
Lansky1 wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:08 am epic damascus stag 07W Q - that is something else !
Thanks, John. As the saying goes, "All good things must end, eventually." Truly the end of an era of which you were a big part and played a significant role with all your great custom 07 Wharnie mods. It's been a pleasure. ::handshake::
Same here Q - was alot of fun to come up with our wharnified collaborations ::tu::
pffffft that's not a knife ......... now THAT'S a knife !! Crocodile Dundee

John
TPK

Post by TPK »

Finally!!! ::groove:: ::ds:: ::groove:: ::ds:: ::groove:: ::ds::

Finally picked up a slightly used 07 for my EDC rotation! ::groove:: ::ds::
An every day find for most of you out there but rare as hen's teeth for me. ::nod::
Man I'm about as Happy as a pig in mud right now! ::super_happy:: ::nod::
::paranoid:: I kinda fell in love with it at first sight too. :lol:

Anyways, need to get these pictures posted, the T-monkey is waiting. ::woot::

Please inform me what color this one is considered to be. Dark red? Or ::shrug::
Attachments
IMG_20230324_064835_269~2.jpg
IMG_20230324_064904_018~2.jpg
IMG_20230324_064917_231~2.jpg
IMG_20230324_064944_235~2.jpg
IMG_20230324_065023_887~2.jpg
IMG_20230324_065052_261~2.jpg
IMG_20230324_064735_101~2.jpg
IMG_20230324_064749_605~2.jpg
TOM - KGFG - (Knife-Guy-From-Germany)

I believe..., every knife is a soul, looking for a soulmate. :wink:

Weebit-Nano https://www.weebit-nano.com/
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weebit_Nano

US - ARMY - COMBAT - ENGINEERS - 1990 - 1993 - God Bless Our Troops!
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

I don't know what I'd consider that color to be, but I wouldn't kick that knife outta my pocket. Great pick-up, Tom! ::tu::
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
Case taste, Rough Ryder budget
TPK

Post by TPK »

Dan In MI wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 4:15 pm I don't know what I'd consider that color to be, but I wouldn't kick that knife outta my pocket. Great pick-up, Tom! ::tu::
Thanks Dan! ::handshake:: I appreciate your comments. ::nod:: ::tu:: :D

QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

TPK wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:44 am Please inform me what color this one is considered to be. Dark red? Or ::shrug::
I believe you are correct, Tom. That color is called "Dark Red" and I believe Case calls the jigging "Peach Seed"

I have only one Case knife with CV blade steel (3107 CV)--which I don't carry or use--and after a few weeks in storage it started to rust (as CV is prone to do when not used), so I had to force a white vinegar patina on it for corrosion protection. If you EDC yours regularly, that probably won't be an issue, though, and you'll likely find the CV steel much easier to sharpen than Case's Tru-Sharp Stainless. I suspect you already know this, but if/when you do put it up for a period of time, you'll want to be sure to protect the blade with some type of coating (Vaseline works well and is easy to remove when you're ready to EDC it again).

Nice pick up ::nod:: Good Score! :D Mini-T Monkey heartily approves! ::tu::

~Q~
TPK

Post by TPK »

QTCut5 wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:35 pm
TPK wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:44 am Please inform me what color this one is considered to be. Dark red? Or ::shrug::
I believe you are correct, Tom. That color is called "Dark Red" and I believe Case calls the jigging "Peach Seed"

I have only one Case knife with CV blade steel (3107 CV)--which I don't carry or use--and after a few weeks in storage it started to rust (as CV is prone to do when not used), so I had to force a white vinegar patina on it for corrosion protection. If you EDC yours regularly, that probably won't be an issue, though, and you'll likely find the CV steel much easier to sharpen than Case's Tru-Sharp Stainless. I suspect you already know this, but if/when you do put it up for a period of time, you'll want to be sure to protect the blade with some type of coating (Vaseline works well and is easy to remove when you're ready to EDC it again).

Nice pick up ::nod:: Good Score! :D Mini-T Monkey heartily approves! ::tu::
Thanks for the Info Q! ::handshake:: ::tu:: ::super_happy::

Theo

Post by Theo »

I received this last week , but I better post this in the 07 thread. Didn't want to get a ding from ~ Q ~ :lol: Anyhow 2004 jigged Red Bone , I think it is called maybe someone will know.
Theo
Attachments
7A56AA43-5BB2-4765-981D-A68EA248B9B2.jpeg
0FF92CF1-0D46-4772-9AB5-388703C94898.jpeg
CD3E5EE7-DC5E-4C99-AFFD-FC34EBDB3A89.jpeg
F4BEC603-209D-46B0-9734-D8189DC71C40.jpeg

Return to “Case Knife Collector's Forum”