Modern Eye Quality?

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in Europe.
cody6268

Modern Eye Quality?

Post by cody6268 »

I'm wondering, are the modern Eye Brands worth buying? I've got my eye on either a Clodbuster or Clodbuster Jr. And does anyone have experience with the wood handles?
EyeBJoe
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Modern Eye Quality?

Post by EyeBJoe »

Cody, you ask a question that has been asked by several of us. I'm kind of Old School when considering Eye Brand as I know the steel in the older patterns is of great quality. This is just my opinion, but if I were you and were interested in a "clodbuster" or "clodbuster, Jr." I would patiently look for one of the older yellow handled versions or the black wood handled models. Due to some recent problems for me with celluloid Eye Brands I would stay away from the myraid of new celluloid handled knives offered by Post Oak Knives. The yellow handled knives seem to last much longer if stored properly. If you are keeping the knives for your collection I would not store them in a knife roll for an extended period of time. A good cigar box or the "Sack Ups" knife socks are my go to alternatives for the yellow handled knives now in my collection.

If you are buying any of the knives for an EDC or heavier use then probably any of the knives would perform well. Good Luck with you choice(s). Eye Brand knives are great knives but you have to use a little caution if collecting them.

Joe D.

Return to “European-made knives”