Knife Identification

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in Europe.
Sandman

Knife Identification

Post by Sandman »

New member, hey fellas. I attached a couple of photos of a 2 bladed Gunstock German Eye Knife. I am considering selling it but I know very little about it. Can someone give info on: Specific name, model, specifications, age and approximate value. I would greatly appreciate any help. And if interested in buying it let me know ::shrug::

Thank you

Sandman
Attachments
EYE KNIFE 2.jpg
EYE KNIFE.jpg
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: Knife Identification

Post by TripleF »

Hi! Welcome to AAPK!

It's a gunstock shape. The rest of the info is stamped at the base of the main blade and on the blade.
To see a value look at SOLD LISTINGS on ebay.

Good luck! ::tu::
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
Sandman

Post by Sandman »

Thanks, I hope to learn a little more. :roll:
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

A gunstock pattern Eye Brand knife is rather rare so it will appeal to many Eye Brand collectors as well as those who collect this pattern. Yours is a so called "3 eye" knife, there being 3 eye logos on the blade. Some people think these are among the best made of the Eye Brand knives (late 1970's-early ' 80's) so this will further boost the price.
If this were auctioned on ebay i think it would likely sell for $60-$85.
kj
EyeBJoe
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by EyeBJoe »

I would like to hear Paladin's thought on this one. The striker nail pulls suggest to me that the knife is much later knife than the 70's or 80's. Through the late 1980's there was not a gunstock pattern in the line of knives being imported by Cruse. It is possible that there was such a pattern manufactured for the German domestic and European markets but I'm not sure the gunstock pattern is as popular there as here. Overall KJ's value is probably right on target IMHO.

EyeB..........
Joe
wlf

Post by wlf »

Nice pattern and nice condition. Welcome Sandy. Smile
I buy roosters combs and farmers..........................................................jack knives [/b]

GEC SFOs and others at LICK CREEK CUTLERY- www.allaboutpocketknives.com/wlf

May the Father and Son bless
Lyle
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

EyeBJoe wrote:I would like to hear Paladin's thought on this one. The striker nail pulls suggest to me that the knife is much later knife than the 70's or 80's. Through the late 1980's there was not a gunstock pattern in the line of knives being imported by Cruse. It is possible that there was such a pattern manufactured for the German domestic and European markets but I'm not sure the gunstock pattern is as popular there as here. Overall KJ's value is probably right on target IMHO.

EyeB..........
Joe
EyeBJoe,
Check your PMs.

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
Sandman

Post by Sandman »

Wow thanks so much for the info. Joe whats meant by check my PM's? I'm a novice at best.
Sandman

Post by Sandman »

FYI to ALL,

I posted the Knife for sale on e-bay last night around 9 for $105 or best offer. Someone in NV bought it for full price around 3 AM The ad pics were ok but the description was very good thanks most in part to the feedback I got here. Thanks to all who contributed. Seems I made a good choice to join AAPK ::ds::
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

"Seems I made a good choice to join AAPK"
A good choice if you love knives and plan to read here regularly and partake in the discussions and post pictures of your knives. AAPK is much more than just a place to ask about knife values.
You did very well to get $105 for this small Gunstock knife. But that is ebay: there is a range in which a knife will sell 90% of the time; the remaining 10% will go either well above usual range or far below usual range.
kj

Return to “European-made knives”