seeking info on knife

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in Europe.
tx10pt

seeking info on knife

Post by tx10pt »

I am brand new to this site. Great site by the way. A friend found a German Eye knife and asked me to try and find some details as how old and the value of it. Hopefully someone can help me out with this?

Thanks,

tx10pt
FullSizeRender.jpg
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: seeking info on knife

Post by jerryd6818 »

Welcome to AAPK. Glad to have you aboard. Ray (Screen name Paladin) is our resident main Eye Brand man (there are others). Since you posted it in the correct forum, I'm sure he will see it and possibly have some information for you. Just be patient.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

Tx,
This knife likely dates to about the early 1980s. I am basing that on the stamp and the one Eye etch. The stamp came around for the 2nd time beginning in 1981. The knife is a little newer than those I collect so I'll pass on approximate value. I will say that you need to get some oil onto the active rust.
You might want to search on closed sales at eBay to see what similar knives have sold for.

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
tx10pt

Post by tx10pt »

Thanks for the quick response and info Ray!
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

To assess this knife we need to see all of it, so at least 2 more pictures both showing entire knife from directly overhead, one with blade closed and one blade open. also good to show both sides of knife and give it's closed length, like 3" or 5", etc.
From what can be seen this knife has value, but not a lot, likely no more than $50. It is possible this could change after seeing all of the knife.
kj

Return to “European-made knives”