Eye Brand Corkscrew

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in Europe.
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Eye Brand Corkscrew

Post by Paladin »

Guys and gals,
I am going to put this here when technically it should be in the advertisement section. It will have such narrow interest, I felt it appropriate to place it here.
This is an Eye Brand corkscrew and no real telling how old it might be. According to Joe Dobbs article,Schlieper decided to concentrate solely on cutlery in 1952. I am sure you all are aware that they made everything from steam engines to garden hoes at one time and shipped them all over the world.
Anyway, I believe this would place the date of manufacture of this item at 1952 or earlier.
Note to Joe Dobbs - please come on in here and let us have benefit of your thinking.
I was going to put it on eBay but decided I would give you collectors of Eye Brand stuff a shot at it. I have not the slightest clue as to what the value might be but I am pricing it at $30 shipped anywhere.
I pay priority mail. As always, cash or postal mo work best but if PayPal is your best option, I'll take that.

Ray
Attachments
IMG_1863-001.JPG
IMG_1865-001.JPG
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
SteelMyHeart85420

Re: Eye Brand Corkscrew

Post by SteelMyHeart85420 »

That seems very reasonable. Not a wine drinker, though. Good luck!
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Re: Eye Brand Corkscrew - Gone to eBay

Post by Paladin »

Paladin wrote:Guys and gals,
I am going to put this here when technically it should be in the advertisement section. It will have such narrow interest, I felt it appropriate to place it here.
This is an Eye Brand corkscrew and no real telling how old it might be. According to Joe Dobbs article,Schlieper decided to concentrate solely on cutlery in 1952. I am sure you all are aware that they made everything from steam engines to garden hoes at one time and shipped them all over the world.
Anyway, I believe this would place the date of manufacture of this item at 1952 or earlier.
Note to Joe Dobbs - please come on in here and let us have benefit of your thinking.
I was going to put it on eBay but decided I would give you collectors of Eye Brand stuff a shot at it. I have not the slightest clue as to what the value might be but I am pricing it at $30 shipped anywhere.
I pay priority mail. As always, cash or postal mo work best but if PayPal is your best option, I'll take that.

Ray
Gone to the Bay.

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
EyeBJoe
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Eye Brand Corkscrew

Post by EyeBJoe »

Sorry to be late checking in. Just returned yesterday from a Bucket List trip with my wife. It is difficult to determine a date on the subject corkscrew from several perspectives. First and foremost is that I believe such items as this and other hardware were manufactured in the Remscheid, Germany plant belonging to Schlieper, several miles away from Solingen. There are probably others on the forum who have information on various other hardware items coming from Remscheid that have made there way into the States. From the pictures I would guess that Paladin has dated it as good as possible and the pricing is certainly fair. Nice find for the corkscrew collectors out there.

Joe D.

Return to “European-made knives”