Schrade - Henry Sears Contract Knife

Schrade Cutlery Company was founded in 1904 by George Schrade, and his brothers Jacob and William Schrade. In 1946 Imperial Knife Associated Companies, (IKAC; an association of Ulster Knife Co and Imperial Knife Co) purchased controlling interest in Schrade Cut Co and changed the name to Schrade Walden Cutlery. In 1973 the name was changed to Schrade Cutlery. In 2004 Schrade closed due to bankruptcy.

This forum is dedicated to the knives that are the legacy of this company. This forum is not the place to discuss the replica knives currently being imported using the Schrade name.
knifeaholic
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Schrade - Henry Sears Contract Knife

Post by knifeaholic »

I posted this on another thread about Henry Sears and their use of the Queen trademark.

Interesting 1950's era contact knife made by Schrade. 4" closed, peachseed bone handles.
Attachments
IMG_4687.JPG
IMG_4688.JPG
IMG_4689.JPG
IMG_4690.JPG
Steve Pfeiffer, author of Collecting Case Knives: Identification and Price Guide published by Krause Publications.
tongueriver

Re: Schrade - Henry Sears Contract Knife

Post by tongueriver »

Did you see the one I posted (in two different subforums)?
FRJ

Post by FRJ »

Steve, is that indeed an actual Queen trademark or is it merely the name queen stamped on the shield?
Joe
ea42

Post by ea42 »

FRJ wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:33 am Steve, is that indeed an actual Queen trademark or is it merely the name queen stamped on the shield?
Joe that was actually a trademark of Henry Sears Company. Farwell, Ozmun, Kirk & Co bought them in 1878 and supplied the knives until 1959. That knife I think would fall into the 1950's era.

Very cool knife Steve! That's the first H. Sears stamped serpentine Schrade I've seen. ::tu:: ::tu::

Eric
FRJ

Post by FRJ »

Thank you, Eric. ::tu::
Joe

Return to “Schrade Legacy Forum”