Generational Series

Schrade Cutlery Company was founded in 1904 by George Schrade, and his brothers Jacob and William Schrade. In 1946 Imperial Knife Associated Companies, (IKAC; an association of Ulster Knife Co and Imperial Knife Co) purchased controlling interest in Schrade Cut Co and changed the name to Schrade Walden Cutlery. In 1973 the name was changed to Schrade Cutlery. In 2004 Schrade closed due to bankruptcy.

This forum is dedicated to the knives that are the legacy of this company. This forum is not the place to discuss the replica knives currently being imported using the Schrade name.
tongueriver

Generational Series

Post by tongueriver »

These are newly made in the U.S. by somebody (Bear & Sons?). I have no personal interest in them but I thought it might be useful to post in the Schrade subforum.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/363945898063
s-l1600 (1).jpg
s-l1600 (2).jpg
s-l1600 (3).jpg
s-l1600 (11).jpg
s-l1600.jpg
Meridian_Mike

Re: Generational Series

Post by Meridian_Mike »

Hmmmmm....

Interesting......

::hmm::
"Life is tough.... but it's tougher if you're stupid."....John Wayne
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

I think these are really neat--something that should have been done years ago. The prices seem in line with inflation-adjusted MSRPs of the original Schrade USA models, but for most, you can get Bear versions much cheaper. However, I'm wondering what the quality is. When you buy a Schrade of basically any condition, it will be a good knife. Bear, whether it be Bear, Remington, or Moore Maker, it's a crapshoot.

I've not had good luck in finding a user 5OT with a carbon steel blade, so I may spring for one of these.
tnorton

Post by tnorton »

Anyone purchase and use this 5OT yet - like to hear comments ::shrug:: ::tu:: ::td::
Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

tnorton wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:17 pm Anyone purchase and use this 5OT yet - like to hear comments ::shrug:: ::tu:: ::td::
I do collect Old Timers BUT.....
I haven't bought a "brand new, in the box knife" in years. Not since the chinese bought the name.

NOW..... I do see the "USA" on this knife BUT..... I can't speak to the quality of this knife.

::shrug::
"Life is tough.... but it's tougher if you're stupid."....John Wayne
tnorton

Post by tnorton »

Meridian_Mike wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:19 am
tnorton wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:17 pm Anyone purchase and use this 5OT yet - like to hear comments ::shrug:: ::tu:: ::td::
I do collect Old Timers BUT.....
I haven't bought a "brand new, in the box knife" in years. Not since the chinese bought the name.

NOW..... I do see the "USA" on this knife BUT..... I can't speak to the quality of this knife.

::shrug::
That's why I want someone else to buy it -- I Collect Schrade as well (USA Made) - but if this knife was fairly well made might make a good carry or gifts for Christmas - ::shrug::

Return to “Schrade Legacy Forum”