An Old Box With Some Old Knives In It

Schrade Cutlery Company was founded in 1904 by George Schrade, and his brothers Jacob and William Schrade. In 1946 Imperial Knife Associated Companies, (IKAC; an association of Ulster Knife Co and Imperial Knife Co) purchased controlling interest in Schrade Cut Co and changed the name to Schrade Walden Cutlery. In 1973 the name was changed to Schrade Cutlery. In 2004 Schrade closed due to bankruptcy.

This forum is dedicated to the knives that are the legacy of this company. This forum is not the place to discuss the replica knives currently being imported using the Schrade name.
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: An Old Box With Some Old Knives In It

Post by doglegg »

lt632ret wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:04 pm Here are three of that type early Schrade display case. I use an old Mavica so the pics are less than great. Two of them have Schrade cut co automatics The third just various Schrade Cut cos. LT
Wow! Gorgeous!. ::nod::
jxr1197

Post by jxr1197 »

I've added a half dozen Washington Jacks in the past couple years. These are all Schrades. From the Cut Co days there's a variety of 2201, 2202, 2203, and 2204s - there's even a 2209 in there that's a customized knife with ivory covers that Schrade never made but if they had their own numbering system would have called for that last digit '9'. The little Washington Jack front and center is also a Cut Co, a 2533. From the Walden era are examples of the 2OT and 3OT. There are lots of contract editions and SFOs in the group and plenty that have been rehabbed from a pile of broken bone and rust into some of the nicest knives I own.

The latest family portrait:
11.7.23.jpg
- Jason
Reverand
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Reverand »

jxr1197 wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 2:55 pm I've added a half dozen Washington Jacks in the past couple years. These are all Schrades. From the Cut Co days there's a variety of 2201, 2202, 2203, and 2204s - there's even a 2209 in there that's a customized knife with ivory covers that Schrade never made but if they had their own numbering system would have called for that last digit '9'. The little Washington Jack front and center is also a Cut Co, a 2533. From the Walden era are examples of the 2OT and 3OT. There are lots of contract editions and SFOs in the group and plenty that have been rehabbed from a pile of broken bone and rust into some of the nicest knives I own.

The latest family portrait:
11.7.23.jpg
Gorgeous!
Jesus is life.
Everything else is just a hobby.

~Reverand
Bloodhound

Post by Bloodhound »

Outstanding!
"...Boys, those pocket knives are nice...but someday when you have grown to be men, you'll own a Case like this one here..."
Quote: My 4th grade teacher, Mr. Shipman
Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

WOW.... that is one RARE display!!
OUTSTANDING!!! Way to go Jason!

::tu:: ::tu::
"Life is tough.... but it's tougher if you're stupid."....John Wayne

Return to “Schrade Legacy Forum”