Schrade Walden USA (Taylor)

Schrade Cutlery Company was founded in 1904 by George Schrade, and his brothers Jacob and William Schrade. In 1946 Imperial Knife Associated Companies, (IKAC; an association of Ulster Knife Co and Imperial Knife Co) purchased controlling interest in Schrade Cut Co and changed the name to Schrade Walden Cutlery. In 1973 the name was changed to Schrade Cutlery. In 2004 Schrade closed due to bankruptcy.

This forum is dedicated to the knives that are the legacy of this company. This forum is not the place to discuss the replica knives currently being imported using the Schrade name.
kossetx

Schrade Walden USA (Taylor)

Post by kossetx »

Evening folks, I have 2 of these knives. A bone trapper I've had for a while and a blue bone trapper I piced up in today in trade. The fit on both is good. Open smoothly, have good snap and no gaps. I noticed immediately the finish on the damascus knife was better. Smoother and no variations in finish. Anyone know anything about them? I read on BF the damascus knife was made by GEC. Can anyone confirm that? thanks
schrade walden trappers.jpg
schrade damascus trapper.jpg
Where Bob Wills is still the King...
tongueriver

Re: Schrade Walden USA (Taylor)

Post by tongueriver »

They are made by Bear and Son. All of their 'Schrades' have no handle pins.

Return to “Schrade Legacy Forum”