Seeking information for a 12OT knife

Schrade Cutlery Company was founded in 1904 by George Schrade, and his brothers Jacob and William Schrade. In 1946 Imperial Knife Associated Companies, (IKAC; an association of Ulster Knife Co and Imperial Knife Co) purchased controlling interest in Schrade Cut Co and changed the name to Schrade Walden Cutlery. In 1973 the name was changed to Schrade Cutlery. In 2004 Schrade closed due to bankruptcy.

This forum is dedicated to the knives that are the legacy of this company. This forum is not the place to discuss the replica knives currently being imported using the Schrade name.
bme1470

Seeking information for a 12OT knife

Post by bme1470 »

I recently purchased a 12OT Pal knife and I did so because of the markings on the blade. On the tang stamp side it has OHHRC, and on the reverse it has "The Big Ten". I have tried researching online a bit about it, but can find nothing that suggests this sporting conference to have ever contracted Schrage to produce knives for them. I have no idea what the OHHRC stands for, perhaps Ohio State? Any info about this will be appreciated. I'd really like to know when the contract existed, if it truly ever did.
Attachments
IMG_4876.jpg
IMG_4875.jpg

Return to “Schrade Legacy Forum”