Buffalo Bill Schrade

Schrade Cutlery Company was founded in 1904 by George Schrade, and his brothers Jacob and William Schrade. In 1946 Imperial Knife Associated Companies, (IKAC; an association of Ulster Knife Co and Imperial Knife Co) purchased controlling interest in Schrade Cut Co and changed the name to Schrade Walden Cutlery. In 1973 the name was changed to Schrade Cutlery. In 2004 Schrade closed due to bankruptcy.

This forum is dedicated to the knives that are the legacy of this company. This forum is not the place to discuss the replica knives currently being imported using the Schrade name.
TPK

Buffalo Bill Schrade

Post by TPK »

Hello friends,

I found a Buffalo Bill Schrade on eBay. Looks like it's in pretty good condition but to be honest about it, I'm not really crazy about it.

My question is, if it is a "rare" or "hard to find" Schrade & would this be a good knife for trading purposes? Like would a Schrad collector jump at the chance to get one of these or would I be waisting time & money?
::shrug::

May be a stupid question for some of you but I don't see many Schrade knives over here so I don't have a feel for the value of it or for how common or uncommon it is. I'd appreciate it if some of you Schrade collectors could give me an idea of how tradable you think this knife would or would not be. ::hmm::

Thanks for your time! I appreciate it very much! ::nod::

Tom

Edit: Anybody know how old it is? :mrgreen: Thanks! ::handshake::
Attachments
s-l1600 - 2021-03-26T094428.707.jpg
s-l1600 - 2021-03-26T094439.824.jpg
s-l1600 - 2021-03-26T094447.885.jpg
s-l1600 - 2021-03-26T094510.417.jpg
s-l1600 - 2021-03-26T094500.567.jpg
TOM - KGFG - (Knife-Guy-From-Germany)

I believe..., every knife is a soul, looking for a soulmate. :wink:

Weebit-Nano https://www.weebit-nano.com/
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weebit_Nano

US - ARMY - COMBAT - ENGINEERS - 1990 - 1993 - God Bless Our Troops!
black mamba

Re: Buffalo Bill Schrade

Post by black mamba »

1976 release, not particularly rare - they typically go for 45-50 bucks, complete with the case and medallion.
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

At the same time they also did a fixed blade bowie and a folding hunter. Buyers find those more desirable.
TPK

Post by TPK »

OK Great! That's exactly what I needed to know. If by chance it goes cheap, I might grab it but I won't go to high on it. Maybe go to €25 on it and see if I get lucky. It would be a real nice EDC. I just don't see it in my show case & it doesn't sound like it's rare enough to get a great trade out of it.

Thanks for your time guys. I really appreciate it very much! ::nod:: ::handshake:: ::tu::

zed6309
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by zed6309 »

I like that Tom ::tu:: love the clip blade with the swedges, I bet its value would be higher here in the uk , I bet to the right collector here it would hit around £70-80 ::hmm:: would be rarer here as I bet not many of 5hese floating around ::tu::
Paul,

friendship is a rare and precious gift,
A day without a pocket knife is the day your need it,
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

I see them fairly often on Ebay for $40 USD and sometimes unsold. I believe most of the 1970s Schrade commemorative stockman knives were made at their Imperial plant and do not have Swinden pin construction, which means that they may be a better knife for using. If that BB knife shows bolster pins it is not Swinden. Actually I have one, and it is available to U.S. only, and cheap, but I am too lazy to go look to see if it is Swinden.
TPK

Post by TPK »

zed6309 wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:55 pm I like that Tom ::tu:: love the clip blade with the swedges, I bet its value would be higher here in the uk , I bet to the right collector here it would hit around £70-80 ::hmm:: would be rarer here as I bet not many of 5hese floating around ::tu::
::hmm:: Thanks for your input Paul! ::handshake:: I don't have the feeling many people here in Germany collect Schrades. Not many of them for sale & they usually go for prices I consider very fair. I wouldn't das they go cheap but fair. Which is good for me because I have been able to pick up three of them for myself. Think I'll see if I can get it for a cheap-to-fair price. ::hmm::

zed6309
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by zed6309 »

TPK wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:19 pm
zed6309 wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:55 pm I like that Tom ::tu:: love the clip blade with the swedges, I bet its value would be higher here in the uk , I bet to the right collector here it would hit around £70-80 ::hmm:: would be rarer here as I bet not many of 5hese floating around ::tu::
::hmm:: Thanks for your input Paul! ::handshake:: I don't have the feeling many people here in Germany collect Schrades. Not many of them for sale & they usually go for prices I consider very fair. I wouldn't das they go cheap but fair. Which is good for me because I have been able to pick up three of them for myself. Think I'll see if I can get it for a cheap-to-fair price. ::hmm::
Sounds like a plan Tom ::tu:: I've never seen these cone up for sale in the UK but if a good price I defantly would grab one as a edc ::tu::
Paul,

friendship is a rare and precious gift,
A day without a pocket knife is the day your need it,
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

I don’t know much about it, but it’s cool as all get out.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

Michael Little: "The 1976 “Buffalo Bill” Commemorative Knife Set came in a hinge top display box with a coined brass commemorative medallion. The gold-tone medallion is 1 ½” diameter with profile, name and life span on front and “Schrade Cutlery Corporation Est 1904", “Buffalo Bill Commemorative Limited Edition” on the back. The 4" stockman pattern had a 3" master clip blade etched “W.F. Cody “Buffalo Bill” 1846-1917", a 2 1/4" sheepfoot blade and a 2" spey blade. The tang stamp reads “SW CUT BB2 USA”. The black Sawcut Delrin handle bears a brass coined shield with a bust portrait of Cody. Brass pins and bolsters, serialized, limited to 24,000 pieces and made in Providence R.I. by Imperial Knife Associated Companies."
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

More on the Buffalo Bills.
2jd3lnn (Large).jpg
2zejfya (Large).jpg
1969-BB-AD1s (Large).jpg
jsn4tz.jpg
jsn4tz.jpg (21.78 KiB) Viewed 1534 times
XXBB166BuffaloBillBowie1 (Large).jpg
BB001.jpg
TPK

Post by TPK »

Great information! ::tu:: The Jack knife sounds like a real work horse! ::nod::

Return to “Schrade Legacy Forum”