Uncle Henry Schrade LB8 serial number

Schrade Cutlery Company was founded in 1904 by George Schrade, and his brothers Jacob and William Schrade. In 1946 Imperial Knife Associated Companies, (IKAC; an association of Ulster Knife Co and Imperial Knife Co) purchased controlling interest in Schrade Cut Co and changed the name to Schrade Walden Cutlery. In 1973 the name was changed to Schrade Cutlery. In 2004 Schrade closed due to bankruptcy.

This forum is dedicated to the knives that are the legacy of this company. This forum is not the place to discuss the replica knives currently being imported using the Schrade name.
Drscotty

Uncle Henry Schrade LB8 serial number

Post by Drscotty »

I’m brand new to this site so please forgive me if I do not post in the correct location. I have an Uncle Henry LB8 Schrade.
On the tang it’s stamped SCHRADE + USA LB8. It has a serial number of 23746. It looks like it has never been used. And comes with the original sheath. Any idea on the manufacturing date and value? It has 3 brass pins.
kootenay joe

Re: Uncle Henry Schrade LB8 serial number

Post by kootenay joe »

The earliest LB8's had LB7 marked blades and a serial number. These came out in 1982. Soon after this Schrade got an LB8 stamping die and the blades are marked "LB8". Last year of production was 2000 but very few were made in 1990's as the LB7 was much more popular.
I do not know current market value but if this was moved to the Schrade forum, people there will know.
kj
Drscotty

Post by Drscotty »

Thank you
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

Topic now moved to the Schrade Legacy Forum. ::tu:: Welcome to AAPK! ::welcome::
Since I don't know the answer to that question, I will let someone else come in and tell us what the current value is.
The indicator I always use for value of knives is eBay. I would look to see what the sold price is for the LB8s that are in similar condition to your knife. You have to go with the actual sold price not the asking price. The asking price includes an awful lot of blue sky and smoke from the seller. The actual sale price let you know what other shoppers are paying for the knife.

I hope this helps. ::tu::
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan

Return to “Schrade Legacy Forum”