FAKE 2OT???

Schrade Cutlery Company was founded in 1904 by George Schrade, and his brothers Jacob and William Schrade. In 1946 Imperial Knife Associated Companies, (IKAC; an association of Ulster Knife Co and Imperial Knife Co) purchased controlling interest in Schrade Cut Co and changed the name to Schrade Walden Cutlery. In 1973 the name was changed to Schrade Cutlery. In 2004 Schrade closed due to bankruptcy.

This forum is dedicated to the knives that are the legacy of this company. This forum is not the place to discuss the replica knives currently being imported using the Schrade name.
dweb1897

FAKE 2OT???

Post by dweb1897 »

This knife is currently for sale on the bay..sure looks like a fake to me. The bolster appears to be re-stamped...I've never seen one with that deep of a stamp on the corners, the nail mark is too long, the swedge starts in the wrong place, the angle of the clip is wrong, and it looks like the blade has been welded to the tang.....but hey, it's marked down to $499...a $200 price drop.
Screenshot_2019-08-22 SCHRADE WALDEN “OLD TIMER” 20T “VERY RARE” $699 99 PRICE DROP- $499 99 eBay(3).png
Screenshot_2019-08-22 SCHRADE WALDEN “OLD TIMER” 20T “VERY RARE” $699 99 PRICE DROP- $499 99 eBay(2).png
I have a hard time trusting someone who doesn't like dogs...but if my dog doesn't like someone, I'll trust that.
Acorn, a better friend than I deserved, gone but never forgotten...run fast and free 11-5-2018 I'll see you soon
royal0014
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: FAKE 2OT???

Post by royal0014 »

::uc::
The handle might be right, but that blade is funky .....
Chris
i woke last night to the sound of thunder
how far off i sat and wondered
started humming a song from nineteen sixty two
aint it funny how the night moves
jxr1197

Post by jxr1197 »

When the seller first listed it he described it as an ultra rare Ulster. I think you're right about that blade being welded on -
https://allaboutpocketknives.com/knife_ ... 17&t=62844
- Jason
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Isn't this the 2nd 2OT that has come up for a closer look in the last week? Must be a profitable thing to patch up one and try to get way more than the welding job was worth?
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

treefarmer wrote:Isn't this the 2nd 2OT that has come up for a closer look in the last week? Must be a profitable thing to patch up one and try to get way more than the welding job was worth?
Treefarmer
Here is a pic of the other one that is up for sale right now..... $305 BIN.....
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600 (1).jpg
The main blade looks too short judging by the pull.

My 2OT....
2OT 1.JPG
Where is the second blade on the OP knife?
::shrug::
"Life is tough.... but it's tougher if you're stupid."....John Wayne
jxr1197

Post by jxr1197 »

Meridian_Mike wrote:Here is a pic of the other one that is up for sale right now..... $305 BIN.....
That second one is so bad. Reminds of a pic that was flying around the internet last year of some kid's tough guy selfie with his gun -
revolvermag.jpg
I suspect the first knife has a clueless seller. I doubt he's the one who made it. I'm one of the people who will buy a trashed 2OT so I can send it off and have weird things done to it. In fact I've never owned one that anyone would consider a mint or even excellent original. Both of those knives look like they have good covers, bolsters, etc. I'd buy them at a tenth of the asking price but the problem is they have zero additional value to me after having blades welded on. Unfortunately some green collector is gonna learn a hard lesson when they buy those knives and figure out down the road what they bought. I have had new blades made for a 2OT in the past - nothing wrong with that as long as it's done right and not to deceive. Here's a pic of some 2OT blades that Muskrat Man made for me. Notice the tang stamps -
mm2ot.jpg
Not to go too far off topic, but here's a before pic of the knife I sent Kaleb. He did one helluva job!
2OTbefore.jpg
2OTbefore.jpg (16.36 KiB) Viewed 2879 times
- Jason
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Wow ! That 2OT is beyond used. It was used & abused to death. And you saved it !
kj
Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

Sho 'nuff Jason.... Kaleb did a heck of a job on that old soldier to bring it back to life!

It's a beauty!
::tu::
"Life is tough.... but it's tougher if you're stupid."....John Wayne
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

All good posts here; still laughing at the pic of a revolver with a semi-auto pistol magazine sticking out the bottom of his fist. Nasty 2 OTs.
KnifeSlinger#81

Post by KnifeSlinger#81 »

tongueriver wrote:All good posts here; still laughing at the pic of a revolver with a semi-auto pistol magazine sticking out the bottom of his fist. Nasty 2 OTs.
The magazine is also backwards. :D
-Paul T.

WANTED: Shapleigh Diamond Edge branded Schrades in good condition.
bladecollectorr

Post by bladecollectorr »

That's not the first messed-with 2OT that ended up with one blade and for sale on ebay. Here's a thread I started a elsewhere about another one.

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/2ot ... n.1657662/
I don't always respond to great posts but I always appreciate seeing them. Thanks for posting! ::tu::
dweb1897

Post by dweb1897 »

A friend messaged the seller of the 2OT and sent me the transcript...the names have been deleted to protect the innocent.
2OT.jpg
I have a hard time trusting someone who doesn't like dogs...but if my dog doesn't like someone, I'll trust that.
Acorn, a better friend than I deserved, gone but never forgotten...run fast and free 11-5-2018 I'll see you soon

Return to “Schrade Legacy Forum”