Don't miss out

Schrade Cutlery Company was founded in 1904 by George Schrade, and his brothers Jacob and William Schrade. In 1946 Imperial Knife Associated Companies, (IKAC; an association of Ulster Knife Co and Imperial Knife Co) purchased controlling interest in Schrade Cut Co and changed the name to Schrade Walden Cutlery. In 1973 the name was changed to Schrade Cutlery. In 2004 Schrade closed due to bankruptcy.

This forum is dedicated to the knives that are the legacy of this company. This forum is not the place to discuss the replica knives currently being imported using the Schrade name.
KnifeSlinger#81

Re: Don't miss out

Post by KnifeSlinger#81 »

knifeaholic wrote:Was that 893 an actual Schrade release?

I have seen it as the Norm Thompson knife and as the OT version with sawcut handles, but never in that configuration.
By actual release do you mean was it a factory schrade while the company was still in business?
-Paul T.

WANTED: Shapleigh Diamond Edge branded Schrades in good condition.
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

Here's another one to jump on. Can't last long. With certain exceptions those old switchblades that go for high prices were really pretty much junkers. This one started life kinda medium ugly and went downhill from there. There seems to be a competition on Ebay these days for the most assinine listings. The seller's text description does not merit awards for accuracy or rendering of the English language. Your mileage may vary (probably not).
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Antique-Schrad ... SwrL9cfXbh
knifeaholic
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by knifeaholic »

KnifeSlinger#81 wrote:

I have seen it as the Norm Thompson knife and as the OT version with sawcut handles, but never in that configuration.
By actual release do you mean was it a factory schrade while the company was still in business?
yes
KnifeSlinger#81

Post by KnifeSlinger#81 »

knifeaholic wrote:
KnifeSlinger#81 wrote:

yes
Then yes it was. There is no listing of it in the catalogs but it was made for wal mart, exclusively, as far as I know.
-Paul T.

WANTED: Shapleigh Diamond Edge branded Schrades in good condition.
knifeaholic
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by knifeaholic »

KnifeSlinger#81 wrote:
knifeaholic wrote:
KnifeSlinger#81 wrote:
yes
Then yes it was. There is no listing of it in the catalogs but it was made for wal mart, exclusively, as far as I know.
Aaaah, thanks that is interesting.

Return to “Schrade Legacy Forum”