SELLER FAILS

Schrade Cutlery Company was founded in 1904 by George Schrade, and his brothers Jacob and William Schrade. In 1946 Imperial Knife Associated Companies, (IKAC; an association of Ulster Knife Co and Imperial Knife Co) purchased controlling interest in Schrade Cut Co and changed the name to Schrade Walden Cutlery. In 1973 the name was changed to Schrade Cutlery. In 2004 Schrade closed due to bankruptcy.

This forum is dedicated to the knives that are the legacy of this company. This forum is not the place to discuss the replica knives currently being imported using the Schrade name.
User avatar
tongueriver
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Posts: 4001
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:01 pm

SELLER FAILS

Postby tongueriver » Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:45 am

I messaged him with a detailed description of what he ACTUALLY had. No reply for two days now and no change in listing.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-Vintage-S ... :rk:2:pf:0

User avatar
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Posts: 5277
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:28 am
Location: Republic of Texas

Re: SELLER FAILS

Postby Mumbleypeg » Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:56 am

Some if the fleabay sellers don't care. They either THINK they know or make up a story and an inflated price hoping someone will believe the story. All too often they're right. :x

Ken

The OP knife:
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (26.4 KiB) Viewed 556 times
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

"There was a time when young people revered their elders. No one knows when this was." - Bill Heavey
https://www.akti.org/

User avatar
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Posts: 6543
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:53 am
Location: Florida Panhandle(LA-Lower Alabama)

Re: SELLER FAILS

Postby treefarmer » Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:44 am

What is the knife? Looks like a Muskrat, I’m not up on New York Knife Co. ::shrug:: l like the looks of it but not for that kind of money. My old 77OT still works very well.
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.

User avatar
tongueriver
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Posts: 4001
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:01 pm

Re: SELLER FAILS

Postby tongueriver » Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:49 am

It is a 1990ish release muskrat by Imperial Schrade in 440C and stag, part of a run of four patterns, 152 fixed, muskrat, stockman and trapper.

black mamba
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:09 pm

Re: SELLER FAILS

Postby black mamba » Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:13 pm

Cal, you may have seen this on another forum, but I have one of the stockmen made in 1995.
Nice knife, but not worth $595 . . . maybe $95 (BIG maybe).

HBstockmanOpen_zpsdq6mubud.jpg

User avatar
tongueriver
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Posts: 4001
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:01 pm

Re: SELLER FAILS

Postby tongueriver » Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:17 pm

black mamba wrote:Cal, you may have seen this on another forum, but I have one of the stockmen made in 1995.
Nice knife, but not worth $595 . . . maybe $95 (BIG maybe).

HBstockmanOpen_zpsdq6mubud.jpg

Yeah, I said 1990; I wasn't sure about that, so maybe 1995 for all of them or some of them. I had one of the stockmans at one point but it has gone off somewhere to a nice guy I know.

User avatar
jxr1197
Posts: 187
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:47 am

Re: SELLER FAILS

Postby jxr1197 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:55 pm

Seller re-listed at $29.99. He's still calling it a Cut Co but at least he had the sense to listen to the marketplace on pricing.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-Schrade-C ... Sws99cEZez
- Jason

User avatar
Chase
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Posts: 1148
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:41 pm
Location: NorthWest Maryland

Re: SELLER FAILS

Postby Chase » Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:20 pm

Looks like it sold for $29.99, which was a good buy for someone. I have the 4 knives that Schrade made and they are great quality. I certainly wouldn't sell mine for that low of a price....but then again, I rarely sell any of my knives anyway.....lol

I did give one up a couple years ago for an AAPK Auction, donation, and it sold to a member here for $100

Tom

User avatar
KAW
Posts: 372
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:33 pm
Location: Ulster Co., NY

Re: SELLER FAILS

Postby KAW » Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:14 pm

Auction is still ongoing... ends Tues (Christmas) @ 1:54 am EST...
1 bidder so far at the starting bid of $29.99...
'til later....
Ken

10031 means.... never having a dull moment. 8)

User avatar
Chase
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Posts: 1148
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:41 pm
Location: NorthWest Maryland

Re: SELLER FAILS

Postby Chase » Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:31 pm

My mistake...I looked quick and saw $29.99 and thought it sold....Sorry

Tom

black mamba
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:09 pm

Re: SELLER FAILS

Postby black mamba » Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:14 am

I just saw another listing on the bay where the seller describes the knife as "Vintage, Very Old" when the tang stamp is from 1965-'77. He says it is stainless steel, when both blades are covered with patina and pepper spots. He describes it as a "red bone handle" when it is clearly Delrin. It is listed as a lockback when it is a slipjoint. I'm not sure they got one single thing right in the whole listing! And to top it all off, after missing nearly all the details, he says, "Bid with confidence!" WOW!!!

User avatar
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Posts: 5277
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:28 am
Location: Republic of Texas

Re: SELLER FAILS

Postby Mumbleypeg » Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:01 pm

black mamba wrote:I just saw another listing on the bay where the seller describes the knife as "Vintage, Very Old" when the tang stamp is from 1965-'77. He says it is stainless steel, when both blades are covered with patina and pepper spots. He describes it as a "red bone handle" when it is clearly Delrin. It is listed as a lockback when it is a slipjoint. I'm not sure they got one single thing right in the whole listing! And to top it all off, after missing nearly all the details, he says, "Bid with confidence!" WOW!!!


The guy should be a politician - meets all the requirements.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

"There was a time when young people revered their elders. No one knows when this was." - Bill Heavey
https://www.akti.org/

User avatar
tongueriver
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Posts: 4001
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:01 pm

Re: SELLER FAILS

Postby tongueriver » Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:06 pm

Mumbleypeg wrote:
black mamba wrote:I just saw another listing on the bay where the seller describes the knife as "Vintage, Very Old" when the tang stamp is from 1965-'77. He says it is stainless steel, when both blades are covered with patina and pepper spots. He describes it as a "red bone handle" when it is clearly Delrin. It is listed as a lockback when it is a slipjoint. I'm not sure they got one single thing right in the whole listing! And to top it all off, after missing nearly all the details, he says, "Bid with confidence!" WOW!!!


The guy should be a politician - meets all the requirements.

Ken

You have to work your way up, Ken; first seller, then lawyer, THEN politician. Actually, I can't see the listing, but it is probably just a fellow that doesn't know a knife from a sweet potato.

User avatar
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Posts: 5277
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:28 am
Location: Republic of Texas

Re: SELLER FAILS

Postby Mumbleypeg » Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:53 pm

tongueriver wrote:
Mumbleypeg wrote:
black mamba wrote:I just saw another listing on the bay where the seller describes the knife as "Vintage, Very Old" when the tang stamp is from 1965-'77. He says it is stainless steel, when both blades are covered with patina and pepper spots. He describes it as a "red bone handle" when it is clearly Delrin. It is listed as a lockback when it is a slipjoint. I'm not sure they got one single thing right in the whole listing! And to top it all off, after missing nearly all the details, he says, "Bid with confidence!" WOW!!!


The guy should be a politician - meets all the requirements.

Ken

You have to work your way up, Ken; first seller, then lawyer, THEN politician. Actually, I can't see the listing, but it is probably just a fellow that doesn't know a knife from a sweet potato.


:lol: That's my point. He doesn't know anything but all the right buzzwords. And he says you can have confidence in him! ::facepalm::

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

"There was a time when young people revered their elders. No one knows when this was." - Bill Heavey
https://www.akti.org/

User avatar
tongueriver
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Posts: 4001
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:01 pm

Re: SELLER FAILS

Postby tongueriver » Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:25 pm

Mumbleypeg wrote:you can have confidence in him! ::facepalm::

Ken

Do you recall the etymology of the word "con man"? It is 'short' for confidence man. :)


Return to “Schrade Legacy Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: koldgold and 5 guests