Schrade Bicentennial Single Blade Stag 1776 Knife

Schrade Cutlery Company was founded in 1904 by George Schrade, and his brothers Jacob and William Schrade. In 1946 Imperial Knife Associated Companies, (IKAC; an association of Ulster Knife Co and Imperial Knife Co) purchased controlling interest in Schrade Cut Co and changed the name to Schrade Walden Cutlery. In 1973 the name was changed to Schrade Cutlery. In 2004 Schrade closed due to bankruptcy.

This forum is dedicated to the knives that are the legacy of this company. This forum is not the place to discuss the replica knives currently being imported using the Schrade name.
Tony_Wood

Schrade Bicentennial Single Blade Stag 1776 Knife

Post by Tony_Wood »

Folks,
The depth of knowledge here is almost fathomless. Tell me what I bought today.
I can only find one reference to it anywhere, and that is an eBay listing with little info.
I know that there are at least 338 of these, as that is the number of this one.

Any more info appreciated.
383E83BE-DFAE-416B-9EF8-AB27DD7FC044.jpeg
https://m.facebook.com/sheepsfootknives/?ref=bookmarks

Instagram: #sheepsfootknivesbytwood
dweb1897

Re: Schrade Bicentennial Single Blade Stag 1776 Knife

Post by dweb1897 »

Your knife is known as the Schrade Bicentennial or the 13 Colonies knife. Made in 1976... they were ordered by Jim Parker. The Thirteen Colony set had that knife as a centerpiece. Can't remember how many sets were made...seems like they were available by themselves as well
13 colony set.jpg
I have a hard time trusting someone who doesn't like dogs...but if my dog doesn't like someone, I'll trust that.
Acorn, a better friend than I deserved, gone but never forgotten...run fast and free 11-5-2018 I'll see you soon
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Really cool knife, Tony. ::tu::
Tony_Wood

Post by Tony_Wood »

dweb1897 wrote:Your knife is known as the Schrade Bicentennial or the 13 Colonies knife. Made in 1976... they were ordered by Jim Parker. The Thirteen Colony set had that knife as a centerpiece. Can't remember how many sets were made...seems like they were available by themselves as well13 colony set.jpg
Thank you sir. Appreciate the info.
doglegg wrote:Really cool knife, Tony. ::tu::
::nod:: Thanks.
https://m.facebook.com/sheepsfootknives/?ref=bookmarks

Instagram: #sheepsfootknivesbytwood
Chase
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Chase »

These sets were produced in 1976...Bicentennial Year

According to my documentation from Schrade there were 3000 sets of these produced. There is no distribution shown for single knives, I suspect that the single knives folks are referring to, were actually sets that, were broken up for sales purposes

Tom

Return to “Schrade Legacy Forum”