I hope...

Schrade Cutlery Company was founded in 1904 by George Schrade, and his brothers Jacob and William Schrade. In 1946 Imperial Knife Associated Companies, (IKAC; an association of Ulster Knife Co and Imperial Knife Co) purchased controlling interest in Schrade Cut Co and changed the name to Schrade Walden Cutlery. In 1973 the name was changed to Schrade Cutlery. In 2004 Schrade closed due to bankruptcy.

This forum is dedicated to the knives that are the legacy of this company. This forum is not the place to discuss the replica knives currently being imported using the Schrade name.
tongueriver

I hope...

Post by tongueriver »

...none of my dear Schrade friends here are so foolish to pay this kind of money for a beautiful but tiny 3 inch peanut. But... if so be it... enjoy.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-SCHRAD ... 1438.l2649
Gunsil

Re: I hope...

Post by Gunsil »

I have seen a lot of mint Schrade Cuts and early Waldens go for this kind of money lately. Higher with salesman's inked numbers on them. Genuine mint is getting hard to find.
gwelker62

Post by gwelker62 »

If it was a bone 8OT... I'd be so foolish! ::tu:: ::nod::
jxr1197

Post by jxr1197 »

I just bought a very similar knife so I was all over this one until the bids jumped up a little too fast...and the bidders are hidden. Adds up to me losing interest real quick. Here's the minty clean 2222 I snagged for waaay less than this peanut is already up to.
2222.jpg
tang.jpg
- Jason
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

If this knife is 100% correct and never buffed i do not see current price of $280 as 'out of line'. If this was a larger SCC Jack pattern in this condition no one would be surprised to see it sell for $400 or more. The only possible surprise here is that smaller knives usually do not get the bidding that larger knives do.
Cal, would you explain your concern a little better ? Maybe i am missing something here ?
thanks, kj
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Can an ebay seller make any listing "protect buyer's identity" ?
What is the purpose of doing this ?
The downside i see is that one cannot know if it is 2 bidders going at it or if there are numerous bidders. Is there more to it than this ?
kj
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by gsmith7158 »

kootenay joe wrote:Can an ebay seller make any listing "protect buyer's identity" ?
What is the purpose of doing this ?
The downside i see is that one cannot know if it is 2 bidders going at it or if there are numerous bidders. Is there more to it than this ?
kj
I think you can make any auction a private listing Roland with only the seller Knowing each identity. I don't like those auctions and I tend to avoid them.
------------------

Greg

IF YOU AIN'T BUYING OR LOOKING AT A KNIFE THEN YOU AIN'T LIVING.
Always looking to buy good quality Empire knives.

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

This seller is the only one I run into that does that. It is a mystery to me and it is annoying. My concern over the peanut is that it just costs too much to suit me; I would like to have it. Frankly, I think the other one posted here with the very old-style match strike pull is far mo cooler yep; that one I WOULD pay big. ::tu:: I wonder who made that Primble?

Return to “Schrade Legacy Forum”