LB1

Schrade Cutlery Company was founded in 1904 by George Schrade, and his brothers Jacob and William Schrade. In 1946 Imperial Knife Associated Companies, (IKAC; an association of Ulster Knife Co and Imperial Knife Co) purchased controlling interest in Schrade Cut Co and changed the name to Schrade Walden Cutlery. In 1973 the name was changed to Schrade Cutlery. In 2004 Schrade closed due to bankruptcy.

This forum is dedicated to the knives that are the legacy of this company. This forum is not the place to discuss the replica knives currently being imported using the Schrade name.
Edgewise

LB1

Post by Edgewise »

Is the LB1 meant to be used or is it like a decoration or a toy? It looks like a mini 110.
I know the LB3 is better but it doesn't have a bail and the penknife isn't a lockback.
Not many small traditional lockback knives have a bail.
jxr1197

Re: LB1

Post by jxr1197 »

Don't know what Schrade intended but my LB1 and LB2 are only for display. I can't imagine a scenario where I would reach for one of them over any other knife.
- Jason
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

They're supposedly keyring knives if I'm not mistaken. Not really much for real use, just opening mail, packages, cleaning fingernails, and little jobs. The smallest knife I regularly carry is the Victorinox 58mm line, but that's just for the scissors, and the fine Phillips screwdriver some of the nicer ones have.
Chase
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Chase »

I agree with Cody
These are key ring knives and not meant for anything other than that. I used to carry one on a key ring and then got tired of the bilk in my pocket. I have several if the LB-1 and LB-2 that are now only for display.

Tom
Edgewise

Post by Edgewise »

Thanks guys, that settles it.
Now I have to seek out some bail topics or start a new one. ::tu::

Return to “Schrade Legacy Forum”