Schrade Founders Edition bubble packs

Schrade Cutlery Company was founded in 1904 by George Schrade, and his brothers Jacob and William Schrade. In 1946 Imperial Knife Associated Companies, (IKAC; an association of Ulster Knife Co and Imperial Knife Co) purchased controlling interest in Schrade Cut Co and changed the name to Schrade Walden Cutlery. In 1973 the name was changed to Schrade Cutlery. In 2004 Schrade closed due to bankruptcy.

This forum is dedicated to the knives that are the legacy of this company. This forum is not the place to discuss the replica knives currently being imported using the Schrade name.
possum127

Schrade Founders Edition bubble packs

Post by possum127 »

I was reading on here about Schrade Founders Edition bubble packs, and I thought I wonder if I have any of them, I knew I had a couple of Schrade bubble packs. Sure enough I had two of the founder edition. I looked on e-bay and almost fell off of my chair. There was one for $165.00 or make offer. I thought this can't be right. So I googled it, and there was one on Amazon for $269.00. Then I remembered a discussion on here about the Schrade+ and 881, so I looked. To my surprise the tang stamps were not the same. See bvelow.

Schrade+
U.S.A. 881

Schrade+
U.S.A. ltd.

I I tried several times to get pics but failed. Thanks for any info you might have in advance. I was shocked.

Thank You
Ron Smith
kootenay joe

Re: Schrade Founders Edition bubble packs

Post by kootenay joe »

How about a link to the ebay one so i can see what you are speaking of.
kj
gwelker62

Post by gwelker62 »

Here is one that was sold on AAPK 9 years ago.

viewtopic.php?t=13709
thawk

Post by thawk »

Hal
Mustanger

Post by Mustanger »

I'm not surprised at the over-the-top prices being asked for the Founders Edition. (over-the-top in my opinion) People can ask whatever they want for a knife regardless of what most collectors think it's worth. Ebay is full of examples. As far as the tang stamps go, it's not uncommon to see this on Schrade knives. Especially limited/special editions and sometimes on the Scrimshaw knives. I suspect that the Schrade+ 881 stamp was specifically for that knife and the LTD stamped blade was just something they had laying around and it got installed on some Founders Editions. It happened often. We see it a lot on SFO knives from Smokey Mtn. Knife Works and the like. Occasionally even a standard production knife will carry a blade that is stamped for a different knife that has the same kind of blade or an LTD tang stamp. I have two Old Timer 194OT knives that have stainless blades made for the Scrimshaw version, SC503. I believe they are end of days knives when Schrade was using up the parts on hand at the end. My Founders Edition has the Schrade+ 881 stamp. The Founders Edition is from 2002.
glennbad
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by glennbad »

I remember putting that one up to raise some funds for Bryan. Dale got a steal, IMO. I actually have another one just like it in the clampack.

Knives in the clampack almost always jack the value up, even the cheap Imperials...

Return to “Schrade Legacy Forum”